Anyone changed the Scala Rider G4 speakers?

donoharm

So yesterday during my 600km trip the left speaker died.

I soldered one speaker from a headphone set but it's not as loud as the original .

The question is... what speakers did you use with good results?

Last edited:
I am starting to have the same problem.I thought it was a connection problem because mine comes and goes seems to get better when I wiggle scala in the base.????? let me know how you make out

The volume difference is probably because of the impendence of the speakers(Ohm)It’s something like 22. If you don’t have a lot of speakers to play with, might be easier in the long run to pick up a new G9 base. They are backward compatible, minor speaker upgrade & kit comes with boom & wired Mic. However, there are a few how to on replacing the speakers in favor of a 3.5MM jack so you can use ear speakers of choice. But that mode would hamper the FM Radio reception slightly.

ex Cardo Scala G-4 Ear Bud modification - ADVrider

I am starting to have the same problem.I thought it was a connection problem because mine comes and goes seems to get better when I wiggle scala in the base.????? let me know how you make out
mine can't be wiggled .. they sit very tight

it was the speaker and I replaced it with one from my wife's headphones , but there's an impedance difference it seem cause scala's speakers had 32 Ohms and headphones.. unknown , didn't have time to ride with it yet.

anyway I found speakers made for mc helemts on the internet but the price seems to be about the same with a brand new original dock/speakers so I"m not sure if the upgrade is worth the money..

@ Lidy

Thanks, nice DIY but I don't want a jack modification , just want better speakers then original and I use the radio all the time when riding alone.

yes you are right my left speaker is blown.I only notice it when I have it cranked up and its been that way since about three weeks old a lot of money for cheap speakers.And my fm doesn't even work well if static counts it works

Glad I didn't burn money on a set. I'm trying to fab up a set for my helmet 2 sets of speakers no luck yet.

so where do you have problems? maybe we can help...

after some more internets I got even more confused(if that's possible)... it seems you can find speakers from 4 ohms to 600 ohms... :wtf: ? this stuff is more complicated than motorcycling :shame:

So i put my wifes speakers in my helmet and the left speaker blew out too in a week. I called Scala and they said there products come with a two year warranty. They are paying for shipping I hope they make good on it. It would be nice to deal with a company who backs what they sell for a change.

Back