So my son came home from Florida and we set out on a quick little 4 day/3 night ride. He hasn't been on a bike in about 3 years or so since he sold his FZ1 when he moved to Fla.
Luckily, we have an extra bike in the garage that he could borrow....

We headed out Monday morning towards Gunnison, not a terribly long way to get there, but we thought it best to take it easy on our only son the first day.

pretty flowers
IMG_2293.jpg
Lake City, CO
IMG_2298.jpg
outside Lake City....colors are just starting to change
Lake City.jpg
2 beemers and a Duc
IMG_2313.jpg

Durango was to be our next night...via some cool old mining towns.
Had to take a little dirt to get to this mine and that made Steve a bit uncomfortable, only because he was on his Dad's Ducati :eek:

mine in Creed,CO
IMG_2320.jpg

this building was massive
IMG_2329.jpg

took this one to give it some scale
IMG_2338.jpg

Last edited:
Our last night was in Ouray, CO.
Dustin and Mark will recognize a few of the following pics form the Million Dollar Highway ;)

Me & my favorite son
IMG_2346.jpg

top of Molas Pass 10,910ft.
IMG_2361.jpg

Molas Pass
IMG_2362.jpg

Red Mountain on the Million Dollar Highway
IMG_2376.jpg

and isn't there always construction going on!?!?

traffic.jpg

Seemed like that trip went by so fast.....guess it always does when you're having fun though.

Last edited:
Our last night was in Ouray, CO.
Dustin and Mark will recognize a few of the following pics form the Million Dollar Highway ;)
Me & my favorite son

<ENVY> Oh man... I'm trying to hang-on to my epic Ouray memories, and you guys just pop-over there again?! You're killing me!! </ENVY>

Seriously - great pics, and I'm not sure how you could top the "Million-Dollar" time you had with your family! Thanks for sharing!

one of the very few states i haven't been able to ride yet. always makes me sad. looks awesome

then you just might hate me for this shot jared........

IMG_1894_zpsaszgbtjc.jpg

Back