Analytic directives for solution about noisy fairing

jskf16

www.fazerclub.gr
from my friend theod , from here...
www.fazerclub.gr • ?????????? ??????? ??? ???? ??? ?????????? ??? ???????? : FZ1 ??????? ?????? Tips & Tricks

We begin with her abstraction gelatins… Few attention with screwdriver because the screws are plastic and do not want a lot their head it is deformed…

P3240843.jpg

The next step is we remove the black plastic lids fairing in order to we in acquire access from the side. Screwdriver in the hand and screw the 2 screws in the left side…

P3240844.jpg

P3240845.jpg

With a small allen (I do not remember if it is 3 or 4size) we naturally remove also the adjacent screws fairing (and from the 2 sides) and are careful to not lose plastic protection that they have.

P3240846.jpg

Last edited:
Line have the mirrors. They are fixed with 2 rusks each one. In the photo appears only the one - the other is from behind him, and is marked in the end circles in each side. In the photo they are marked and 2 screws that should come out with screwdriver after we remove their mirror.

P3240848.jpg

Front we remove the fairing it should disconnect 3 wires in the left side that gives current in lights, flash, kilometer, etc It becomes easily with the hand.

P3240849.jpg

And now we are ready to remove the fairing from machine. It is fixed in the neck with 2 long 12sizes screws that screws from the right side. When we remove the last one we keep and little against the fairing with hand in order to it does not fall to us under….

3.jpg
[/quote]

With fairing in the hands we remove the base that supports the bodies in order to we behind acquire access in the ventilator from… With screwdriver we untie the screws that I mark (with those 2 that I had shown in the photo with their mirror) and the all system of bodies it comes to front giving us the space in order to we work from behind…

P3240852.jpg

P3240854.jpg

And henceforth we acquire access in the person in charge noisy that is not other than the triangular decorative ventilator
P3240856.jpg

With a screwdriver and careful movements put out from the base… Curiously in it shows it has black silicone that however was not enough in order to it deters his co-ordination and the noisy…
4.jpg

With a tube of silicone in the hands we fill enough so much the ventilator, what the base specifically in the points of contact… Do not feel sorry and you put few… You fill well…
5.jpg

We put again the ventilator in his place and with a clothe we clean the silicone that it was outside in excess… From in side thus and differently does not appear nothing….And begin the process of tying After we tie up again the base of bodies, we place the fairing on machine tightening well the 2 long 12size screws in the neck… From the intervention it does not appear absolutely nothing…

P3240861.jpg

We put the gelatin (attention not screw very hard her plastic screws because they will spoil , and we tighten their mirror being careful we do not forget to put small metal things through that pass their screws
P3240862.jpg

We again connect the wires , we put black adjacent lids fairing...
P3240864.jpg

Ready…a check that we tightened everything and that all work regularly it is necessary… . The result marvelous as already I have said… Good and quiet walks without this noise!!!!!!

i cant tell you how long i spent trying to find that freakin buzz.. because i would be humiliated with embarrassment.. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ! you just made my week..

Do you have to take the whole %$#@ fairing off? Looks like you should be able to just take the windshield off and then remove the vent! Someone please tell me that is all I have to do!!!

Going to the mountains in two weeks:poke: and I don't want to hear that for 8 hours a day.

Do you have to take the whole %$#@ fairing off? Looks like you should be able to just take the windshield off and then remove the vent! Someone please tell me that is all I have to do!!!

Going to the mountains in two weeks:poke: and I don't want to hear that for 8 hours a day.

.....yes!:)

Removing the fairing

Yes I see now. There is a very small L shaped lip on the vent so you can't just pull it off without doing the whole fairing.

Not going out this weekend so I guess I get to start pulling it apart.

I don't remember what adhesive you said to use. I will have to go back up the thread to see.

I will have to post some pics to show I get it done.

I just got through taking everything off, filling with silicone and putting it back on.
My USA 08 model did not have ANY adhesive. It was held on with the three small clips and a pin in the center. I did not realize the pin was so solid and it snapped off. After looking at it I think the only way I could have gotten it off was to drill out that pin.

There were four small pieces of weather stripping (Keyword small) to stop the vibration. I left them on but filled in enough silicone to make it adhere really well. I also let the silicone go around the clips so that there was no chance of vibration between them and the fairing. Waiting for the silicone to dry and take it for a ride.:D

Well I took it out for a short spin in the neighborhood and NOOOOOOOOOOOO VIBBBBBATTTTTTTIOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!

I have attached a couple of pics. If you take your fairing off and remove the instrument cluster look for the small (I call a ) pin in the back of the vent. That is the only concern you might have. If you take a small drill bit and drill it out you can remove it. With the amount of silicone I put back in there will be no move vibration.

Hope this helps.

Congrats !!
I'm sure I'll have some questions before I try it on mine.

It was actually much easier than I thought. I had already removed the side panels before. Taking the mirrors off was easy and then just two bolts to take whole fairing off. Four screws and the instrument cluster came off (do not disconnect the wires) it just lays back out of the way.
Scary part was removing the vent. Make sure you pop the clips from behind the fairing. look for the pin in the middle. If it has the pin it will probably just pop off if you drill the pin out. Fill back with silicone and reattach. Put everything back together. Let it sit and then ride.

Back