AIS making my bike run HOTTER!!

mwilkins21

ok with the airbox mod,flys removed,and slip on my bike ran about 186 degrees year round and got up to about 200 at a long stop....now that i did the AIS block off my bike runs 205 degrees all MINIMUM!!! and gets around 220 sitting still even when the fan kicks on the temp still rises quickly...WHAT IS GOING ON HERE SHOULD I LEAVE THE AIS OPEN???:surrender:

What was the ambient temperature when it was running? I have the AIS blocked off on my bike and even in hot weather at highway speeds it doesn't get above 180. When I sit at a light or something it does heat up rather quickly, but goes back down once I start moving. I don't see how the AIS would cause your bike to run so hot.

ya its nuts if im sitting still it will get to 220 quick and slowly keep going up i havent let it get past 230 but right before the ais was blocked it ran 200 max no matter what the weather for example in 86 degree weather it would run about 190 average now in 74 degree weather it runs 220!! i dont get it i mean how high can i let this thing get before i should worry

Unless you fv(^#d something up installing your mods (which would be almost impossible to do) it's all in your head. The mods you installed have NOTHING to do with running temp. Nada, zip, zlitch, nothing.

ya its nuts if im sitting still it will get to 220 quick and slowly keep going up i havent let it get past 230 but right before the ais was blocked it ran 200 max no matter what the weather for example in 86 degree weather it would run about 190 average now in 74 degree weather it runs 220!! i dont get it i mean how high can i let this thing get before i should worry

Did you drain and disconnect the radiator when you installed the AIS block off plates? If so check to make sure you have enough coolant in there. I can't really think of anything else. As JD says the AIS mod will not cause the bike to run hot.

ok thanks guys i just plugged the ais line and someone told me that it has to be open for air to get to the head to cool it and when i ran hotter i thought:jaw drop:

I know this is obvious, but the FZ1 is a water-cooled engine; the only thing air is cooling is the radiator.

I'm with someone above, be sure your radiator fans are coming on.

If you did drain and drop the radiator down, you could end up with air/air bubbles in the coolant system. It really has to be related to the cooling system. As mentioned above the AIS (Air Induction System) will not affect running temps.

Back