Air Filters - K&N - DNA - BMC

Butthead

Howdy

Just picked up a R77 system and looking to replace the stock filter with one of the above.

From what I have looked up they breath better but the question is how much crap do the let in or is that negligable and are some better than others.

Cheers

Howdy

Just picked up a R77 system and looking to replace the stock filter with one of the above.

From what I have looked up they breath better but the question is how much crap do the let in or is that negligable and are some better than others.

Cheers

When I had the bike flashed they swapped in a BMC and it works just fine. How it stacks up to the others, I do not know. I haven't had any issues.

Recently visited the air box on mine and noticed a film of dust around the bell mouths and secondary flies,, (piper cross filter fitted ) gone back to stock , no difference in performance noticed

Last edited:
K&n doesn't fit right. Save the headache, buy a bmc. Bmc makes a better product anyway. There is a price difference though, last I knew.

I spoke to the tuner and he uses DNA filters. See what I can get either or for.

You guys using BMC, with oiling it, will any brand do or does it have to be filter brand specific. I have a spray can of K&N air filter oil, but it's over 30 years old, wonder if that would be any good

Cheers

I'm an OEM guy. I like the better filtration of paper.

All three shops I go to agree on paper. They all say the stock filter is better at catching finer dust than the oiled ones and they are easier to maintain, toss and replace.

I live in Chicago and there is a lot of road/street destruction, I mean construction, so there is always dust to ride through. Plus you get two paper filters for the price of one cloth filter.

Idk what motorcycle shops you frequent....

But there is a reason almost all off-road vehicles come with a oiled filter

My beta came with a paper and oiled from the factory. Use the paper if Turing into a super moto and oiled if using it for dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But yes, any filter oil will do. Just might change the color a bit. Just make sure it’s dry before re installing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back