Aftermarket Rearsets

ECUdoc

Looking for some rearsets for my 2008. Anyone have a set they are willing to sell, or know where to find a cheap set thats good??

Thanks

Are you going for looks or clearance. The cheap actually free mod is to flip the washers around that hold the stockers on and remove the feelers.. The washers mod makes a hugh difference in feel from the bike.

I was going for a bit of both actually. I would like a black set for looks, but I would also like to have a more aggressive riding position as well as a bit more lean angle to my bike as I now scrape peg feelers nearly every turn I make. I will give the free fix a try though. Does this change the height of the pegs, or just firm them up?

Firms them up substantially, removing the feelers will give some extra room ( perhaps a bit more rear spring preload). Some have painted or had the stocker powder coated. How much do you weigh.

The rear definitely at your weight Use the rearset cash for a shock or maybe even a spring change for the stocker if the budget is tight. 2006 had a stiffer spring if I recall correctly.

Well, thanks alot! Actually sounds like a better idea lol. Any suggestions on a good rear upgrade that's within a college students budget?

I was going for a bit of both actually. I would like a black set for looks, but I would also like to have a more aggressive riding position as well as a bit more lean angle to my bike as I now scrape peg feelers nearly every turn I make. I will give the free fix a try though. Does this change the height of the pegs, or just firm them up?

You need to work on your body position. Scraping hard parts on the street is a big no-no, nothing to be proud of.

Wasn't saying that to brag,just simply stating the facts.Granted my body/riding position may not be the best in the world, but don't the majority of riders need to "work on your body position"

Thanks for the advice though.......

I have Rizoma, they are fully adjustable and the quality is outstanding. If you ride the FZ1 with any real vengence you will scrap your pegs even without feelers. I have use the cheap Ottimoto rearset on Ebay, they weren't bad but you will need patience when installing them and may need to replace some bolts that aren't very good quality, but the components are made well and they work. I agree with the other and a rear shock for your weight is prob a good call because the stock shock is a pile of poo. Penske or Ohlins are the prefered options, i run and YA906 Ohlins and wouldn't be without it, talk to Traxxion Dynamics they sell Penske and have excellent service and info.

Thanks builder, I think between you and johnny, I am going with a rear suspension upgrade of some sort! I appreciate the help and guidance.

Back