Aftermarket Parts - The Big Exchange

This is my first post and may be a bit of an odd one, but thought I would ask the community for some tips.

I purchased my first FZ1 last year, its a 2005. The bike is absolutely mint and stock. I had a crazy idea and to my surprise my wife said go for it! I bought a second FZ1, a 2001 which has almost every mod and after-market part you can think of. My plan is to swap all of the best parts from the 2001 to the 2005.

Okay, you now have the background; here is my main question:
How hard is it to swap the carbs and airbox? The previous owner put on the De Vince full header and exhaust, as well did the jet kit on the carbs and air box.

I am fairly mechanically inclined and feel good about all the other stuff, just wondering about the carbs.

Thanks, Eric

I want to first say welcome to the forum and congrats on your stable of GenI bikes. Those are my favorites. If I am correct, years 01 through 05 should be about the same. Follow Pat's Page like BroHay says and you'll be just fine. Once your done you may want to sync the carbs again just to be sure that they are still in sync with each other. Welcome again! Billy.

All I can say is wow!

Thanks for the welcome and the page Bro... is exactly what I needed.

BTW, I have been reading lots of other older posts here on the forum, very cool!

Eric

glad I could be of service....

Now, what are your plans after you swap parts with the '01??

curious mind(s) would like to know

Adam

Hey Adam,

My plans for the 01 are two fold. First my brother in law and I are taking a trip on the bikes down the west coast of the US.
(-->>Insert big stupid grin here<<--)

Once we are back from the trip I am going to swap all of the good stuff from the 01 with the stock parts off of the 05, then sell the 01.

The good news is that both bikes are in mint shape, so even though I am taking the good stuff of the 01, it will still be mint when I am done. I may make some of the lower cost performance mods to the 01 which I hope will help sell the bike.

Apparently my wife thinks that I cant drive 2 bikes at the same time and selling the 01 was part of the deal to get her to go along with this plan.

Eric

Qustion about Tail Modification

I am back from my trip down the Oregon coast, it was amazing ride. Now the big parts swap begins. I have swapped the handle bars, polished rims, tire hugger, and a few other minor parts.

The question I have is what do I do with the tail, if anything at all. Here is a pick of the back end of the bikes.
FZ1Silver2.JPG

The tail piece on the blue bike is blue, and has all these cool stickers on it. Is there a way to modify the stock tail on the silver bike? IE cut away the black plastic which hangs down.
Has anyone seen mods on the tail?

Thanks, Eric

Back