2015 Yamaha R1

To get an R1M version is gonna be luck or you know someone high up it seems.

"Teams and individuals are asked to apply online via their national distributor for an offer of a machine, via the dedicated YZF-R1M application system that opens on December 1st 2014. Once the distributor has received online applications they will establish contact between selected Yamaha dealers and potential customers to make an appointment to discuss the availability of the limited supply of machinery. It is anticipated that demand will exceed supply, and Yamaha distributors will use their discretion in managing the allocation of YZF-R1M units"

I guess the price will be anyway far beyond what most are willing to pay. The 'normal' R1 is more than enough ;).

?? Pricing is on Yamaha's website

Yes that is interesting it is only on the US site. I read the price on the motorrad report they stated they did not get a final number only the estimates. Interesting in the us 16 490$. That is a very fair price for such a bike. Let's see how it handles.

You never did an emergency braking from 150 mph ;) there are countries that allow unlimited speed ;). I always had bikes without ABS and traction control but it sure is something i would always take if available. Well the traction control is debatable but ABS would have saved me in the past and I ride a lot and have experience.

I did try out the abs on his zx. I like the idea but he has no idea how to ride without it. I've been mid corner behind him with a solid lean into the corner and he'll grab a whole handful of front brake. Not near as big a deal of your front won't lock but mine does.

That's his fault, not the bike. If ABS didn't exist, he would still be a shitty rider. Bad drivers & riders existed before ABS and TC and everything else did and they'll continue to exist.

I'd certainly love to have ABS on my bike for that one time it may come in handy. I've ridden thousands of miles without it successfully, in rain and snow and well below freezing and all sorts of other conditions. I will probably continue to ride without it as I don't see myself abandoning the VFR any time soon. Still, what a nice feature to have for that moment an animal runs out on the road or you have to make a quick stop in poor conditions.

Last edited:
^^^ Agreed.

I like the electronic package on the Touno. It allows my to explore the bikes capabilities (my capabilities) and have a safety net, to some degree.

MotoGP racers prove that the worlds best electronics will not prevent one from crashing.

Love this new bike. Lots of great Electronic systems in play here. Lets see if they put some of these features in the new FZ1... if that ever happens.

New R1 is faster than the Panigale and S1000RR around Jerez

[video=youtube;7V4kMSXKn9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V4kMSXKn9g[/video]

baselined one this weekend
11060904_10152782665556868_385480917894965424_n.jpg

10353647_10152782665651868_5691098941854696565_n.jpg

I think the R1S may just be the replacement for the FZ1. I hope not, but many nations are no longer importing and selling the FZ1. the new Suzuki GSX S and F seem to be the market winners right now. Hopefully Yamaha will come out with a competitor.

I think the R1S may just be the replacement for the FZ1. I hope not, but many nations are no longer importing and selling the FZ1. the new Suzuki GSX S and F seem to be the market winners right now. Hopefully Yamaha will come out with a competitor.
I doubt it's the FZ1 replacement, it's still a sportsbike not a sports tourer like the FZ1.

Sent from my Nexus 5

The FZ1 is no longer considered a standard bike with a lot of insurance companies in the US .Ryder and Gieco both wanted 1,200 for full coverage and I'm 50 Years old with no points (yet). This is one of the reasons I got rid of her.

And that is why geico can go and pound sand. I have progressive with much lower cost for a high level of coverage. State Farm was a bit lower but not enough to bother to switch

Yamaha Releases Letter for YZF-R1 Owners Regarding Recall

The reason for this recall:
In affected motorcycles, both second gear wheel and pinion gears in the transmission may break as a result of extremely high stress and/or improper shifting. This is due to inadequate component strength and stress concentration at the gear teeth bottom land. In addition, the third and fourth wheel gears may be deformed or break as a result of excessive stress caused by hard usage. This is due to inadequate component strength. If gears fail, the transmission could lock up, causing loss of control that could result in a crash with injury or death.

Back