2011 Gearing

As I'm having trouble finding a FZ1S to test ride I need to start asking questions of people who can help.
What RPM is the 2011 doing at 100km/h? For my US friends that's about 65mph.
Our police say we will instantly die if we do more than that! :confused0024:

I have searched the forum but found nothing. Sorry in advance.

Mate, from memory with standard gearing my 2010 FZ1n is sitting on about 4000rpm at 100kph in 6th....maybe a bit lower. Its not an issue.......

4000 rpm sounds about right at 60-65 mph in 6th gear. As far as I know the gearing is the exact same from 2006-2011. In fact, the only differences of which I am aware between the 06-11 models is color and ECU mapping.

Yep, this was a great excuse to take it outta 'winter storage' and crank it up. I just got back from a quick ride. I even switched the speedo to the 'fast' numbers :p and 100 kph (63 mph) was spot on 4000rpm. 3000rpm was about 76 kph and 6000rpm was 147 kph (not that you could go that fast and still live). These were all in top gear (6th) with stock 17t front sprocket and stock rear sprocket.

Thanks for the excuse to ride it for a bit. There is impending rain here right now, but I manged to out run it :nana:

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
Yep, this was a great excuse to take it outta 'winter storage' and crank it up. I just got back from a quick ride. I even switched the speedo to the 'fast' numbers :p and 100 kph (63 mph) was spot on 4000rpm. 3000rpm was about 76 kph and 6000rpm was 147 kph (not that you could go that fast and still live). These were all in top gear (6th) with stock 17t front sprocket and stock rear sprocket.

Thanks for the excuse to ride it for a bit. There is impending rain here right now, but I manged to out run it :nana:

I hope that helps.
Glad to give you an excuse :lol:
Thanks for checking using the fast (modern) numbers too :innocent0002:
Anther question though. The brochure I have doesn't specify what chain except for O Ring well whoop doo! Is 530 chain standard?:confused0024:

Back