2010's First Ride Is In The Books!

Richie and I rode up and met Ray and his friend Jimmy up at "The Circle" this morning. The bike ran flawlessly all day. It was great being back on two wheels again and the weather was fabulous. Early this morning I drove up to Wally World and while I was there I picked up some fleece pants to wear under my jeans. That made all the difference in the world. I was comfortable all day!

Two thumbs up for the mirror mod. They should have done that from the factory in the first place! It was the first time that I rode the bike and didn't have to do the "mirror dance" while riding. I was able to see everything behind me even with Richie aboard. I was really happy because my jacket fit perfectly even with the shirts and sweater beneath it. It really pays to lose weight! Here are a couple of shots from today's ride.

Richie and the FZ up by the Circle......
FirstRide2010003.jpg

Ray in the background while Richie eyes Jimmy's Gixxer 600.....
FirstRide2010004.jpg

Taking a break up by Lake Tiorati in Harriman......
FirstRide2010016.jpg

Lake Tiorati is under all that ice somewhere!!.....
FirstRide2010019.jpg

We had a great time today and NO TICKETS!! Yipee!!!

Nice pictures and I see that you "convinced" Richie to join you on today's ride :tup:

I changed the oil on my bike today. Well I drained it and removed the filter. I couldn't find the two new oil filters I know I have laying around somewhere :wilynily:Tomorrow I'll go pick up another one. I know they'll turn up eventually. Also removed and modified my stock radiator guard in preparation for the new screen I got from Joe. Hopefully next Sunday I get everything powdercoated and then I am back on the road :D

Nice pictures and I see that you "convinced" Richie to join you on today's ride :tup:

I changed the oil on my bike today. Well I drained it and removed the filter. I couldn't find the two new oil filters I know I have laying around somewhere :wilynily:Tomorrow I'll go pick up another one. I know they'll turn up eventually. Also removed and modified my stock radiator guard in preparation for the new screen I got from Joe. Hopefully next Sunday I get everything powdercoated and then I am back on the road :D

Believe it or not I didn't even have to ask him to go. He was already dressed by the time I got back from Walmart. I think it has something to do with the fact that he's taking his written test for MC's and Autos this week. He just turned 16 last Friday. You may see him soon with us at a different capacity!

Some Vids From Today

Here are a couple of vids that Richie shot with my Canon SD1100is. I have to warn you to turn down your volume controls. Not thinking, I forgot to tape up the mic before I left the house.

Ray getting ready to take a spin on Jimmy's Gixxer 600
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk2jVXg8-38]YouTube - Ray Gixxer 600.avi[/ame]

Ray takes off up the mountain for a quick spin....literally!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km8NaypuXis]YouTube - Ray on the Circle.avi[/ame]

Partial vid of our first ride up the mountain in 2010.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T-yNzWh32I]YouTube - Up The Mountain pt1.avi[/ame]

Taking a break up at Lake Tiorati.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHnK18XJtng]YouTube - Lake Tiorati.avi[/ame]

Nice!!! Glad you got out! Thanks for sharing!

I was on the road today and got back this evening. Not really happy that we had such awesome weather here in NH and I was no where near the bike all weekend.

At least I can live vicariously through you all!

Hi Billy, Great pics & vids! I got the first ride of 2010 in today too. It was only 62 miles around central NJ but felt great to get out again.

Spring is here!

Glad to see you got in a Ride.

I am going to Ride to wrok tomorrow. gona be a bit of a bite in the morning but the afternoon ride home should be great.

Glad to see you got in a Ride.

I am going to Ride to wrok tomorrow. gona be a bit of a bite in the morning but the afternoon ride home should be great.
Isn't that the way it goes, the morning is pretty cold but the afternoon is better, by the time I start to go home, its only 6pm so its a little dicey this time of the year. I was able to take a few short rides this weekend though.

Well, I just got MY first ride in too! I took the bike to work this morning and it was AWESOME to be out on two wheels again. It was about 38 degrees when I left home but I was very warm with my gear on. It's going to be about 50 when I depart from work late this afternoon. :woot:

Nice!!! Glad you got out! Thanks for sharing!

I was on the road today and got back this evening. Not really happy that we had such awesome weather here in NH and I was no where near the bike all weekend.

At least I can live vicariously through you all!

no worries, the good weather is right around the corner

Jimmies Gixer spank your heineys?....... Thats it, rub it in........ Looks like your just starting what looks to be a great riding season. :) More pics please...

My next door neighbor and his CBR 600 07 is always getting the jump on me, blowing by. but last week-end I think I figured the combo on the FZ, just wait....:)

Jimmies Gixer spank your heineys?....... Thats it, rub it in........ Looks like your just starting what looks to be a great riding season. :) More pics please...

Lucky for us Jimmy is not one of those "racer" types. He just likes to go at it easy, but I'll tell you this, if he wanted to, he'd spank us but good on the tight stuff! That flippin 600 has a ton of power.

Nice looking sunny pics Billy....hope the temperature is getting quick higher than when you took these nice pics....2010 is officially started now...keep on riding and keep it safe:stunta]:

Looking good for all but Monday! So, while it is raining Monday, I guess we'll go renew the registrations. :eek: ;)

I'm going to try and ride Tues - Fri. Saturday looks good enough to head out on a day tour. Sunday is looking like a MOD day where I'll put on Joe's radiator guard and the 16T sprocket. :tup:

She needs a really good cleaning though. She got quite dusty in the garage over the winter. Some blew off last Monday but some TLC is required. I'll get some pics once she is all dolled up.

She needs a really good cleaning though. She got quite dusty in the garage over the winter. Some blew off last Monday but some TLC is required. I'll get some pics once she is all dolled up.

What ! no cover ? My baby has been under a nice factory cover in the garage all winter. Keeps all the nasty dust (and up here salt dust), off.
Besides it has fancy FZ-1 logos on it! :poke:

Nope.... no cover in the garage.

By next winter, I hope to have the addition on the garage that will house all the winter storage and clear out a lot of the garage for us to park both cages. We do this now BUT, it's a masterpiece in organization, creative stacking and piecing puzzles. ;)

Back