2010 FZ1N rough throttle, low idling problem

Hello everyone,
I'm facing some problem with my 2010 FZ1N which I bought last year with 1600 kms on the odo. I use it daily for office commute as well as for weekend / long rides. Thus I've clocked 13000+ kms so far and I'm pretty happy with my purchase.
Since last 2-3 months, I've noticed that the throttle has gone rough & it is not as smooth as it was at the time of purchase. I compared the throttle response with my friend's 2011 FZ1N and I could feel there is some problem with my bike's throttle.
Also 2 months back, I did notice that the idling was fluctuating below 1300 rpm. I tried to increase it using the idling knob. Even with idling knob fully turned, I could only go till 1100 rpm. So currently the idling is set to somewhere between 1000-1100 rpm.
I went through the threads posted here and found out the way to get the error codes from the diagnostic mode (Thanks FZ1inNH :) ). Here are the readings from my bike:
d01 : 16
d02 : 93
d03 : 94
d05 : 27
d06 : 41
d08 : 0.6
d61 : 30
d62 : 1

I do have the 2006 FZ1N service manual but they didn't mention the meaning of 'd61 : 30' error code.

If anyone have any idea about what's going wrong with my bike, please chip in your suggestions / pointers. Thanks.

Edit : Yes, the tank was popped up around the same time to check the air filter. I will check for any kinked fuel lines and update here.

Last edited:
Not sure about the codes , but I would think from what you describe you may have a bad coil , causing it to run on 3 cylinders , when starting from cold use a damp cloth on the header pipes one at a time and see if they all appear to heat up the same ,, Dont burn your hands or blame me if you do

Updates so far...

Today, I could work on my FZ1. I found the air filter to be in pretty bad condition. For now I've cleaned it a little but I need to change it ASAP.
View attachment 22423

Also 2 months back, I did notice that the idling was fluctuating below 1300 rpm. I tried to increase it using the idling knob. Even with idling knob fully turned, I could only go till 1100 rpm. So currently the idling is set to somewhere between 1000-1100 rpm.
After cleaning up the air filter, the throttle response has improved. I also increased the idling to 1200 rpm.

Edit : Yes, the tank was popped up around the same time to check the air filter. I will check for any kinked fuel lines and update here.
I checked the fuel lines below the tank and they were not pinched. So no problem there.

Here are the readings from my bike:
d05 : 27
d06 : 41
d61 : 30
d62 : 1
I happened to clear the error codes and rechecked. Now there is code 0 against d61. Here are the latest readings:
d05 : 28
d06 : 65
d61 : 0
d62 : 0
I don't know why the error codes are not getting re-generated (it's good news in a way :) ). All I did was - clear the code as directed by FZ1inNH, switch the bike off and then start it up & let it idle for few minutes. I just hope that I got this part right. Please correct me if anything is done wrong.
Also if anyone can give me some pointers on how to understand these d01, d61 etc, it will be very helpful.

Not sure about the codes , but I would think from what you describe you may have a bad coil , causing it to run on 3 cylinders , when starting from cold use a damp cloth on the header pipes one at a time and see if they all appear to heat up the same ,, Dont burn your hands or blame me if you do ��
Thanks for the pointers. :) I tried to check the cylinder temperature. With a damp cloth, there was not much difference at the exhaust pipes. Next, I'm trying to source a industrial thermometer to get the exact readings. I've also got the multimeter to check the bad starter coil, will update soon.

Regards.

Back