2009 FZ1 throttle glitch in pulls

Hello everyone I recently purchased a 2009 fz1 that had been sitting for about a year and a half. I did all basic maintenance needed for it oil change, coolant flush, fuel filter, drained old gas and new tires. It has a full exhaust and the r1 rev limit tune on it and also is -1 in front sprocket and +2 in the rear sprocket. It has 11,543 miles on it as well.

The bike runs like a dream until I do pulls in high gears and at high speeds it feels like something is slipping almost feels the way a tires spinning feels but I don’t notice my rpm’s go up they actually drop a little bit then it catches again and then takes off and then slips again then catches again any ideas would be great I’m stumped thanks!!!

So you think it is not engine related?
I’m not sure I’ve seen some people has similar but not exactly the same issue as me and some say injectors or coils or even the clutch I just wanted to see if anyone had my exact problem and if I could get anymore insights

It sounds like you have a bad coil or more. I have an 09’ as well, Have had this issue but it was below 2k rpm. coils are expensive unless you go aftermarket. Maybe try replacing spark plugs. Those actually do go bad. I know.. blew my mind. But it cheap your due at 11k miles anyway.

Back