2007 FZ1 MAINTENANCE/UPGRADES

Just picked up a 2007 FZ1 with unknown miles on it. The bike was 'lightly' crashed and has damage to the faring, right rear sets, light, radiator, exhaust and speedo. From what I can tell it has an R1 front end conversion with Traxxion AK20 internals.

The plan was to start with a 20,000 mile inspection and valve check to see if I can get an idea of the health of the bike.

Will also be upgrading the stator/rotor.

If anyone has any suggestions for preventative maintenance it would be appreciated.

Also feel free to PM me if you have a set of rear sets, radiator, speedo or a slip on that you are looking to part with.

With the rotor, check the bearings too. Also I would check the cam chain and possibly add a manual tensioner. The best thing I did was Ivan's flash/airbox mod/slip-on/AIS delete

Ivans ECU is only my to do list for sure. For all I know could have been done already I had to get a new key cut and haven't been able to look under the seat and dig out the ECU. Im not looking for much more power right now, just ride ability. Im thinking the money would be better spent upgrading the rear shock at the moment

Got a key cut and a new battery, the bike started on old gas and 3 coils when I was just turning it over to see if it would crank. looks like its got stock ecu, no stickers or signs of having ever been removed. From the looks of it its got a factory air filter and the rear brake disc mics out at about 5mm so Im thinking its low milage.

Got a key cut and a new battery, the bike started on old gas and 3 coils when I was just turning it over to see if it would crank. looks like its got stock ecu, no stickers or signs of having ever been removed. From the looks of it its got a factory air filter and the rear brake disc mics out at about 5mm so Im thinking its low milage.
Do yourself a favor, have the ECU flashed And then if it's still only running on three cylinders you can replace the coils. Don't cheap out, get OEM coils. All the aftermarket ones don't fit quite right. Including RM stator

Do yourself a favor, have the ECU flashed And then if it's still only running on three cylinders you can replace the coils. Don't cheap out, get OEM coils. All the aftermarket ones don't fit quite right. Including RM stator
haha no it only had 3 coils plugged in the first time, I just wanted to see if it would crank and make sure it didnt sound like it was gargling marbles before went any further. I put the 4th in and attached the exhaust and she sounded great. Cant run it too long as it doesn't have a radiator. Id like to get It up to operating temp as it seemed like the acceleration/deceleration was a bit slow compared to what im used to. Not sure how it should behave

I do not but they look like a newer company based in the US. If I were considering them, I'd be inclined to give them a call just to get a sense of their customer service...

Back