2002 FZ1 Speedo/Tach/Odo not responding

Hi guys,

I have been having an issue with my instrument cluster for a while and I thought I'd ask for your help. The speedo/tach/odo stopped working on my 2002 FZ1. The fuel gauge, turn signals, neutral light still work.Sometimes the speedo/tach/odo would jump erratically, then freeze. Other times, they are totally dead. I have checked the wiring harness, fuses and other connections. Nothing seems to indicate a connection issue. I have reseated the connection to the instrument cluster to no avail. At this point, i am thinking that the cluster is toast. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Hi guys,

I have been having an issue with my instrument cluster for a while and I thought I'd ask for your help. The speedo/tach/odo stopped working on my 2002 FZ1. The fuel gauge, turn signals, neutral light still work.Sometimes the speedo/tach/odo would jump erratically, then freeze. Other times, they are totally dead. I have checked the wiring harness, fuses and other connections. Nothing seems to indicate a connection issue. I have reseated the connection to the instrument cluster to no avail. At this point, i am thinking that the cluster is toast. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
I would suspect the speed pickup at the counter shaft sprocket.

I have thought about the speed sensor issue as well, but that doesn't explain why the clock and the odometer went dead. Maybe I should just replace the speed sensor and see if it's the source of the problem.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Back