2001 FZ1

Hi all,
I'm James from Surrey, BC
Really happy with my recent purchase,
I've had several bikes in the past,
This is my first used bike.
Started on a Cherry red 1978 HD FLH, it was too slow...
Moved to a beautiful 1980 YAMAHA XS850LG Midnight Special
Needed more power, bought 1999 YAMAHA VMAX, that was sweet,
But it didnt handle well, so I moved on to a BMW K1200R,
While that was a great ride, I still wasn't happy,
My next purchase was an overall BEAST
2008 SUZUKI B-KING, It handled like dream and moved like a rocket,
Until I high-sided it in 2010, so I've been on the sidelines until this year.
I've always had a soft spot for naked bikes, so when I saw this 2001 FZ1 for sale I couldn't resist

welcome to the Club!

Treat it right and it will last a long time. Pushing $139k miles on my 2003 FZ1
Hey brother rider, i havent been on much just reading a little. It seems your in the know about these bikes. I have 202 FZ1 bought from a friend, who he bought from a friend. The bike has just over 8K. Ive a few differnt bikes since 1972, im 66 now. My bike is in storage in Fairbanks, went to Philippines with wife for a few months. Siphoned the gas as much as possible, removed battery, added some Stab-Bel. Spelling? Anyway i gre up in Marin County, dirt, street riding. This bike is really fast, but cant drift on me in Alaska roads out of town, plus im not skilled as i was, lol. I find the seat to be a ball cruncher, not comfortable at all for long ride. Someone suggest getting a custom made seat. Not sur where to look. Corbin? I respect your opinion. I just thoght id give an intoduction of me to ya.
Gregg

I have only ever used the stock seat, so I cannot comment on the after market, but when this site was more active I do know Corbin was a popular choice.

My uncle has had various motos over the years and likes to add a gel pack and then get the seat recovered.

My seat got the tear near the front by the gas tank and I have a local apolstry shop recover it a number of years ago.

When I bought mine, the PO gave me a Saddlemen seat along with the stock one. I rode with the stock seat for the first few thousand miles and liked it (better than my F4i stocker for sure!). Swapped it for the Saddlemen one and it is a little softer, so I plan on keeping it in place except for track days...

Back