1st Gen. Forks and triple clamp wanted!

Any body out there got a set of forks and a lower clamp to fit the 1st gen. FZ1 If I dont find some soon, My next post will be a 01 FZ1 Parts For sale!

Not to :stirpot: but what happened to the conversion avenue?

Might try posting your request in the the "other" forum for there is a much larger body of Gen I owners there (but for how long is the questions...)

In the mean time if I should come across a set -- I'll let you know -- is there a pricepoint??

Adam

Last edited:
Conversion is not out of the question! First chioce is OEM. I just have not been able to find them. I would love to just see it move, even if it's not perfect! I am looking a this Beautiful wrecked bike in my shop that I can't do a thing with! I found 1 set of forks&trees for $300 but the person is being a "D" head about the sale! I have some trust issues about sending money I can't track or get back if something goes wrong! My budget is about $500 to get the bike rideable but I need a lot more than forks! I would like to spend no more than $350 for Forks&Triple trees. I can get a set of 01 R6's for $150 and I have some stiffer spring. Thats why I want to know if they would fit! Lowering the bike is something I planned to do anyway, I am short! So I was not concerned about the R6 forks being shorter!

considering that one leg is close to 500.00 from a parts house, you are going to be hard pressed to find an OEM deal like this.

R/L fork 501.26
lower treee -- 205.00
upper/steering/misc 200.00 --

close to 1450.00 for similar setup....

just food for thought.....

hopefully no one else is looking and you can p/u for close to starting price...Good Luck!

Adam

Last edited:
I'd be worried about bidding on that one... it looks to be in good shape... and the Buy it Now price really isn't bad at all.... I paid $700 for my extra set of forks... and was more than happy to do so....

I'd just be worried about bidding, because someone might swoop in and Buy It Now while you're bidding on it.

Back