190/50 or 55? What are you running & S or N model

Cooper'n

Hey there guys, I just got a new tyre and am still wearing it in, I have just about got it to the edge of the tyre and am still not scraping pegs,

Have heard a mate of mine has scraped the nob off the foot peg and some of the way into the peg, but he is riding a 07 S model, I think he must be running a 190/55 and im only running a 190/50,

Is the 190/55 standard on the S model? and has anyone got a 190/55 on there N model and how does it handle?

Cheers

No, the 190/50 is standard on all the Gen II FZ1's. I can't comment on the handling, but I would think it would make it steer a little quicker since the 190/55 is a taller tire and will raise the rear a little bit.

No, the 190/50 is standard on all the Gen II FZ1's. I can't comment on the handling, but I would think it would make it steer a little quicker since the 190/55 is a taller tire and will raise the rear a little bit.

indeed it wil steer a little quicker and raise the rear. It is definite an improvement versus the 190/50, you can go leaner in the curves since you have more shoulder. My next tire I'm going to order a 180/55, to have a easier handling. I'll post back on how that went.

Hey there guys, I just got a new tyre and am still wearing it in, I have just about got it to the edge of the tyre and am still not scraping pegs,

Have heard a mate of mine has scraped the nob off the foot peg and some of the way into the peg, but he is riding a 07 S model, I think he must be running a 190/55 and im only running a 190/50,

Is the 190/55 standard on the S model? and has anyone got a 190/55 on there N model and how does it handle?

Cheers

S or N is the EXACT same bike, so that makes no difference. 190/50 is standard, but if you're fast you will like the 190/55, that's what I and several others run on this bike.

indeed it wil steer a little quicker and raise the rear. It is definite an improvement versus the 190/50, you can go leaner in the curves since you have more shoulder. My next tire I'm going to order a 180/55, to have a easier handling. I'll post back on how that went.

180/55 is for a 5.5" rim, we have a 6" rim. Get the right sized tire if you are going to upgrade, 190/55.

pilot powers

hi just put a set of pilot powers on 2day of which the rear was a 180/55 rode home in wet and slippery roads still feels way better than the standard dunlop sports tourers, cant wait till next saturday france for a week hope weather stays good over there mate lives there said its ok at mo so it will be fz1 and superduke hoonin about .

Back