08 FZ1 Won't Start please help

Hello, long time lurker with an old account, but I made a new one for this.

The last time I rode my bike was over a month ago now and it's my ONLY transportation. I put fuel injector cleaner in that very last time, and when I left the gym it got me home. Since then it hasn't been ridden. After that the following went down.

A month ago I took my chain off and then waited for new sprockets. After the bike sat for 9 days bc I was being lazy with the sprockets and chain I tried to start the bike.

Bike started and idled for a short time, and then died. This happened a few more times and then died. Since then I've done the following: in this order from done first to most recent.
Cleaned air filter and re-oiled.
Changed spark plugs- Laser iridium
Sprayed out fuel rail and fuel line.
Had injectors cleaned at a shop.
Checked out and lubed the bottom part of the idle assist control valve.
Gas tank is clean as hell
Got a free warranty replacement for fresh lithium battery.
Replaced fuel pump and pressure regulator, and fuel strainer.
I've checked spark on all 4 coils with fresh spark plugs and they're all an orange color. (I know that is a weak spark

So stale gas no longer an issue, with pump out guessing? the filter and sock were replaced.

You don't mention what it does when you turn it over, nothing, spins no pop.
Keep a battery tender on the bike, with full charge battery, note voltage please.
Attempt start, any hope of running or just turns over normally?
After the second, third or last once battery starts giving out. Remember the starter can only give so much.
Confirm spark each plug, while looking at plugs. They should all be a tad wet, smell of fuel.
Spark or fuel from what you have said so figuring that out will do it unless something mechanical went out.
If you guessing that confirm Cyl 1 at TDC per the manual.

Not a big fan, but of a short test a blast of starter fluid should easily let you know if it's fuel. Don't plan on running the engine with it
just confirm if the engine pops.

Hello, long time lurker with an old account, but I made a new one for this.

The last time I rode my bike was over a month ago now and it's my ONLY transportation. I put fuel injector cleaner in that very last time, and when I left the gym it got me home. Since then it hasn't been ridden. After that the following went down.

A month ago I took my chain off and then waited for new sprockets. After the bike sat for 9 days bc I was being lazy with the sprockets and chain I tried to start the bike.

Bike started and idled for a short time, and then died. This happened a few more times and then died. Since then I've done the following: in this order from done first to most recent.
Cleaned air filter and re-oiled.
Changed spark plugs- Laser iridium
Sprayed out fuel rail and fuel line.
Had injectors cleaned at a shop.
Checked out and lubed the bottom part of the idle assist control valve.
Gas tank is clean as hell
Got a free warranty replacement for fresh lithium battery.
Replaced fuel pump and pressure regulator, and fuel strainer.
I've checked spark on all 4 coils with fresh spark plugs and they're all an orange color. (I know that is a weak spark
After doing all that, what are the symptoms, does it still start but die at idle, or something else?

I did do starter fluid at one point and it kinda seemed like it wanted to start.

I did not replace the entire fuel pump assembly, and that's what I'm about to do now but they're really expensive. I tried a new aftermarket fuel pump, strainer and pressure regulator and that didn't do the trick.
Maybe the plastic housing inside is bad?

This all started after stupid freaking Lucas fuel injector cleaner. I'm getting scared this is something really serious.

When my 07 had an issue starting it was the battery and coils. Battery was in need of replacement and 2 coils were under voltage. I replaced the battery and the bike started but it was rough. I then received error codes and replaced 2 coils (2/3). Bike is running like new again. I thought i had a fuel pump issue or the filter was clogged..nope.

The spark side should be easy to prove.
Fuel side.
Longer more in depth.

With system pressurized confirm a decent spray pattern. It's gas so be car real careful, wait for fumes to dissipate having a fan running is a good idea.
With no further information, or video can't be much help beyond this.

This all started after stupid freaking Lucas fuel injector cleaner. I'm getting scared this is something really serious.

I have run that stuff in my bike for years and years and only had the bike run better with it, not worse.

I agree that is might be an electrical gremlin now. If the ECU is goofing up the air/fuel mix or not supplying enough timing you could have an issue there. is the ECU stock, or has it been flashed? Do you have a power commander or something similar on it?

I have run that stuff in my bike for years and years and only had the bike run better with it, not worse.

I agree that is might be an electrical gremlin now. If the ECU is goofing up the air/fuel mix or not supplying enough timing you could have an issue there. is the ECU stock, or has it been flashed? Do you have a power commander or something similar on it?
I have 90 PSI in cylinder 1 man.
I do have a Power commander V.

I'm freaking out of my mind and I'm about to just take this bike to a shop. It's been down all 2 months now.

So stale gas no longer an issue, with pump out guessing? the filter and sock were replaced.

You don't mention what it does when you turn it over, nothing, spins no pop.
Keep a battery tender on the bike, with full charge battery, note voltage please.
Attempt start, any hope of running or just turns over normally?
After the second, third or last once battery starts giving out. Remember the starter can only give so much.
Confirm spark each plug, while looking at plugs. They should all be a tad wet, smell of fuel.
Spark or fuel from what you have said so figuring that out will do it unless something mechanical went out.
If you guessing that confirm Cyl 1 at TDC per the manual.

Not a big fan, but of a short test a blast of starter fluid should easily let you know if it's fuel. Don't plan on running the engine with it
just confirm if the engine pops.
Same here on the starter fluid...If it runs on that then you have a fuel delivery issue...

90psi seems very low....VERY LOW....It should be up around 200psi...
yeah, that is a bit low.

What do the other cylinders show at? Perhaps you have a issue with a piston ring allowing some pressure to slip past, or a head gasket issue. Since the bike wont run you might not ever get to the point of seeing white smoke from Coolant burning off.

I'm thinking cam timing maybe.

The other thing with the compression test is this though: the throttle body blades don't open from the throttle cable. The bike only opens those blades when it's actually running. When I did my test the bike wasn't running and thus no open throttle condition.

The other thing is I had to stack adapters too and the adapter is much shorter than the spark plug thread.

The other thing is I sprayed a ton of starter fluid down the throttle bodies awhile back before the compression test trying to get it going.

My bike is finally throwing an honest to God ECU code when the ignition is switched on. Camshaft position sensor code 11 is coming up. No spark now, whereas when all this started I had orange spark. I guess the pickup coil FINALLY fully went out and thus threw a code. About a month and a half ago I got my Yamaha Zuma scooter running again so I took a break from the FZ.

If you are getting a camshaft position code, why does that mean the Pickup Coil is bad? Sounds more like there is a problem with the camshaft..... no?

Back