06 FZ1 custom yellow/black 80's retro scheme, $5500.00

I'm selling the FZ1 I just finished painting. It had some scratches and dings from being transported in a trailer so I decided to go ahead and do something cool. 7000 miles and it really looks and rides like new. Brand new Michelin Pilots, too!

FZ1%20final1.jpg

FZ1%20final3.JPG

Would you take my 05 and $1000? My bike has 36000 miles on it, runs great. It also has a new Pirelli Diablo rear tire, HID headlights (HID lowbeam, halogen highbeam), heated grips, a rack and a taller tinted windscreen. I still have the stock rear grab rails and the stock windscreen. I know it's probably a crazy offer but I thought I would try. Thanks!
photo.jpg
:D

Last edited:
Unfortunately in these times...cheap, real cheap. I've already seen '06s with low mileage and some mods in the $4600-4800 range. I think your bike is fairly priced so just hang in there...

Yeah, I have several very nice bikes advertised really cheap- like an 05 Aprilia Tuono 1000R for 5500.00 and still no buyers. Crazy. The big dealers around Atlanta have been in the red for almost a full year now. I wonder how long they can last... I think the whole landscape is about to change to where only small low overhead shops will be able to survive.
The Honda dealer near me only sold 11 units last month. That is insane. Here is the Tuono if anyone is interested.
tuono1.jpg

Yeah, I have several very nice bikes advertised really cheap- like an 05 Aprilia Tuono 1000R for 5500.00 and still no buyers. Crazy. The big dealers around Atlanta have been in the red for almost a full year now. I wonder how long they can last... I think the whole landscape is about to change to where only small low overhead shops will be able to survive.
The Honda dealer near me only sold 11 units last month. That is insane. Here is the Tuono if anyone is interested.

If I had a extra 5500 I would have two bikes. The Aprilia is very sweet!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Not to hijack the thread, speefrk how dose the FZ1 compare to the Aprilia?
I also like YELLOW (My last bike was a 05 Suzuki SV650s in metallic Yellow), I have told friends I would like to paint my bike the yellow aniversity color, like they did on the 06 R6. As much as I would like to buy another FZ1, if you would like to sell the body I would be very interested in it.
:tup::tup:

Hi
Not to hijack the thread, speefrk how dose the FZ1 compare to the Aprilia?
I also like YELLOW (My last bike was a 05 Suzuki SV650s in metallic Yellow), I have told friends I would like to paint my bike the yellow aniversity color, like they did on the 06 R6. As much as I would like to buy another FZ1, if you would like to sell the body I would be very interested in it.
:tup::tup:

Dude, sorry I never replied- I never got the usual email notification about a new post.
The FZ1 and Aprilia are both great bikes, but the Aprilia has way more "personality" with the V-twin engine and Italian flair. The attention to detail is also better- colored stitching on the seat, adjustable shift and brake levers, etc. It has a much more premium look and feel. It is also more sporting than the FZ1 since it is really a Mille RSV1000 minus the bodywork. But, If I was going on a long cross country ride, I would take the FZ1 for it's smoothness. Most other times I would take the Tuono. At any rate, I need to see both of them, so send me reasonable offers if you are interested.

Back