Where will you put the Tornado shelter?
    2008 Goldwing, 2010 KTM 990 Supermoto T, 2000 KLR650, 1985Yam XT350

IBA#20890

FZ1inTX (OP)
    Adminstrator Might throw in the towel... for now FZ1inTX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OneSizeFitsAll View Post
    Where will you put the Tornado shelter?
    LOL! We're not in that alley. Too far south. Lampasas County has had 13 tornadoes since 1951 resulting in zero deaths. Williamson has had 62 with 29 deaths in that same time frame. I moved here from Strafford County, NH. There, the count in the same time frame is 29 tornadoes with one death. So, It appears I'm safer moving to the new property than where I am now or where I moved from in NH.

Prior to NH, it was Penobscot County, ME(Where I was born and raised). 12 tornadoes and no deaths in that time frame. This is like moving back to my roots 'cept I don't have to shovel ANY snow.

I have to say I don't regret selling my gen1 after I bought my new house over a year ago. I was tired of it, and wanted something different. Take your favorite bits off the bike. Put a rather high price on it. If it sells it sells. You can focus on your new property and down the road buy a new project like I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Holeshot performance AIS removal kit, stage 2 carb kit, steering stabilizer. 12oclock labs speedo healer. Pipewerx slip on. R6 shock mod. R1 shift mod. EBC clutch springs. +2 rear sprocket. Renthal straight bars.

FZ1inTX (OP)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ferraiolo1 View Post
    I have to say I don't regret selling my gen1 after I bought my new house over a year ago. I was tired of it, and wanted something different. Take your favorite bits off the bike. Put a rather high price on it. If it sells it sells. You can focus on your new property and down the road buy a new project like I did.

If I sold it, I'd sell as-is/modded because I doubt I'd by another FZ1 and I don't have all the OEM parts to put it back to stock. Of course, I could sell bits with an OEM trade included... Those bits would be the Ivan's flashed ECU (with PCV and map) and the Penske 8983 shock. The rest of the stuff I do have OEM... complete exhaust, EXUP cables and servo, AIS, windscreen, signals, fender...

If I was to buy a new bike right now, it is a toss-up between the FZ-10 and the BMW S1000R. But by the time I might buy a bike down the road? Who knows what would be available, what would give me that WOW factor?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Might throw in the towel... for now-s1000r.jpg  

Yeah those are both bikes I would like to eventually own. Sadly student loans and a new truck still required me to buy a used cheaper bike

Holeshot performance AIS removal kit, stage 2 carb kit, steering stabilizer. 12oclock labs speedo healer. Pipewerx slip on. R6 shock mod. R1 shift mod. EBC clutch springs. +2 rear sprocket. Renthal straight bars.

FZ1inTX (OP)
    Blog Entries

We're waiting to hear back on financing for one just like this. 2017 Mahindra 2538 with the loader, backhoe, 6' shredder and pallet forks, all loaded on a 20' Load Trail car/equipment hauler. 4WD, hydro-static drive, 37.4 HP diesel (no DPF) (31 HP PTO), 1,634 lb lift capacity...

We're going to put the bikes up for sale and take a ride once in a while until they sell. I'll be asking fair price but not giving them away and if they don't sell, so be it. But, I think we will have more fun on this beast for quite some time! It's more tractor than I had set out to buy but this one will get all the work done quicker with less effort. The dealer made a good case to spend a little more to get a lot more in return. I have made friends with a new neighbor and he is selling the PTO post auger with 4 bits ranging from 6" to 10".

Hmm, I see that you have lost interest in riding basically. This can happen to many including new parents who just had a baby or found different passions. You may come back to riding but at your age you may not. Enjoy what you love to do and passions can shift. So in a few years you might find something else more interesting.
    2007 Raven FZ1-R
    Elka Stg4 Shock|R1 Forks,MC|HEL Lines|3-way Levers|Giles Rearsets|Ivan ECU Flash|Micron Full System|Lars|BMC|Roth Stacks,AIE|Flies|PC5|SHv4|CF/CNC bits|T-Rex|Spencer Seat|Oxford Heated Grips|HIDs|Proton LEDs

2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport
    Brock Full Exhaust|GPR Damper|Sato Rearsets|Sargent Seat|GBR/Woodcraft protectors

2014 S1000R Premium White
    Akra GP,Rizoma mirrors,Ermax Bellypan,Tecbike CAT,V-stream,Wunderlich Seat,360 LED signals,R&G+Puig Protection

FZ1inTX (OP)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBiker View Post
    Hmm, I see that you have lost interest in riding basically. This can happen to many including new parents who just had a baby or found different passions. You may come back to riding but at your age you may not. Enjoy what you love to do and passions can shift. So in a few years you might find something else more interesting.
    While I may not ride street, we still have two small dirt bikes and I'll be picking up an ATV to haul stuff around and maintain the fence lines. Later, I may pick up a nice dual-sport that I can use on the ranch but also take out on the road. For now, I'm just not into the street bike any longer. Here, it is either raining, too hot or (most likely) we have other things to do. But I'll always be up on two-wheels, count on it!

I just got the call and the tractor is approved and ordered. 2 - 3 weeks and I'll be digging!

Lifer Might throw in the towel... for now Hellgate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Any pipeline on the land? It's probably worth a call to 811. It's free after all.

Nice tractor BTW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Pete

FZ1inTX (OP)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgate View Post
    Any pipeline on the land? It's probably worth a call to 811. It's free after all.

Nice tractor BTW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    None that we're aware of but we will be calling them regardless of what the seller said. I don't want to be responsible for breaking any sort of lines, pipes, etc... Waiting on a quote for the first 100' of driveway. But, I may just get it done myself. I have to call TX DOT and see if they have a clearer drawing than the one attached to the permit and get a few questions answered.

Been following this company on FB, The Building Store... Here's what they said about this one, "It is 24x40x14 with a 12x12 & (2)10x8's, a walk in door and a window for $12,685.00. That includes installation but does not include concrete or sales tax." I got my AG exempt status so I won't have to pay sales tax... I will be able to do the site work so I'll only need a crew to pour and finish the floor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Might throw in the towel... for now-garage_pic.jpg