Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bridgestone T31

Default Bridgestone T31

There's been almost no fanfare for these and a Google search turns up very little information but Bridgestone has released a follow up to the T30 EVO, the T31.

Battlax Sport Touring T31: now you can push your limits in the wet!
    In addition to boosting stability and handling performance, Bridgestone has developed a new front-tyre compound for T31 with higher rubber flexibility. This enhances the bite “feel” in the wet, giving riders more confidence in tricky conditions. Providing higher camber thrust due to a bigger contact patch in all lean angles is bringing the fun factor on Sport Touring bikes to a new level as dry handling improved as well next to the bigger steps in the wet conditions.

Here's the press PDF
    Last edited by Dustin; 11-13-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Tire showcased on this video from Rider's Domain

EICMA presentation

Thanks Dustin, you are right there has been hardly any fanfare for these?
    Mivv Speed Edge end can with Arrow headers - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV with Ballmead map - Modded Airbox - DNA Air Filter - 08 R1 Forks and 6 Pot brakes with R6 MC - Penske 8983 Rear Shock - 49T Rear Sprocket - LighTech rear sets

I don't get it! I emailed a large online retailer here in Canada and they said they have no information other than what was shown at EICMA. No release date, no MSRP, nothing. Funny.

That's not unusual. Many of the bike manufacturers will tell you the same thing about a lot of the new release bikes shown at the same event (the 2015 R1M was like this as well as this years R6). They are not told beforehand as they don't want the info getting out to competitors. However, you wouldn't think a tire would be that level of secrecy???
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

You're right. It's a bit of a stark contrast to a direct competitor in the Michelin Road 5. Michelin has basically guaranteed their new tire will be available to buy come January 1st, 2018.

I just ordered a set of these. For the last two replacement sets, I've used Pirelli Angel ST and Bridgestone T30 EVO tires. Both of those were with a 190/50-17 rear tire. I ordered the T31 tires with a 190/55-17 rear tire.

I'll let you guys know what I think of them.

Bridgestone T31-pastedimage.jpg
    Last edited by JEFFKISTHENAME; 02-09-2018 at 11:59 PM.
    Current Bikes:

- 2014 Yamaha FZ1
    - 2015 Yamaha FZ-07

Check out my Build Thread:

http://www.998cc.org/forum/fz1-fz-10...ne-growth.html

Looking forward to your review, Jeff! There's a $50 rebate on at the moment as well, check my recent thread for details.

I’ve put a new t31 on my ride to replace the t30 evo. So far so good. It’s cold and wet in the uk at the moment so no real hard riding on the t31. I can say it grips well in the wet and it warms up fast. No disappointments yet. It seems to roll in a bit faster on the bends. Not much more I can say to be honest as the weather has been pants with temperatures between -1 and +4C.
    I will report back when I get a chance to ride a bit harder.
    Cheers

Delta.
    Mods
    K&N air filter Iridium plugs
    ASI removed AIS plates AIS plug
    Shorty levers, Arrow headers Micron serpent GP end can
    Motech ally rad grill Led mini indicators (R&G tail tidy, frame sliders, bobbins,fork sliders,rear hugger)
    Hel braided brake lines No flies Graves velosity stacks
    Ecu remap by HTMC, HID headlight
    Nitron race shock, Powerbronze seat, 16 tooth, Bluetek silicone hoses Renthal flat bars Oberon bar end mirrors Quick action throttle. carbon bits, cnc billet foot pegs