Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Lazy Libran (OP)

Question Anyone here with Pirelli Diablo Rosso III

Hi All..

I'm looking around for new FZ1N tires and am leaning towards Dunlop RoadSmart 3's BUT the Rosso 3's are also getting good reviews.

Anyone here got any first hand information re: these? I ride and commute in all weather conditions so wet condition reviews are also important for me.

What did you have prior to Rosso 3's?

Thanks in advance.

LL

Dicko is running Rosso 3's, hopefully he'll chime in soon.
    Mivv Speed Edge end can with Arrow headers - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV with Ballmead map - Modded Airbox - DNA Air Filter - 08 R1 Forks and 6 Pot brakes with R6 MC - Penske 8983 Rear Shock - 49T Rear Sprocket - LighTech rear sets

I love them, better durability than the Rosso 2, better feel in the twisties and are confidence inspiring. I haven't ridden them in the wet, but they are good in the cold. I am running the 55 rear.
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Lazy Libran (OP)

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    I love them, better durability than the Rosso 2, better feel in the twisties and are confidence inspiring. I haven't ridden them in the wet, but they are good in the cold. I am running the 55 rear.
    I'm also planning to go 55 this time...

How many K's have you got on them now? And what did you change from?

The 2's were known for their soft tread and a friend of mine only got 7k kms from him BMW S1000R (and he doesn't even ride that hard).

I'm not expecting them to last the same as my existing PR4's (about 16K Kms) but a bit more mileage than the Ross 2's would be great.

I've got a quote of $510 (fitted with 55 rear) so that's not too bad.

Thanks for that.

I haven't got many Ks on them yet, put them on earlier this year but the weather here has been rubbish, finally warming up now.

I had Rosso 2 on before and they were a lot softer in the middle (flattened the middle of the tyre out pretty quick), I got not much over 8500km out of them before I had the wire showing. Before that the 222s which were rubbish tyres. The Rosso 3 feel better than the 2 in my opinion and so far no flattening off of the tyre which the 2s would have started by now.
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Lazy Libran (OP)

Ok...Have decided to go for Rosso 3's and have booked in this Friday (Tomorrow).

And that means, I HAVE to go out on the weekend to scrub them in.

Good stuff, please post a review once you've scrubbed them in.
    Are you going with a 50 or 55 rear?

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk
    Mivv Speed Edge end can with Arrow headers - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV with Ballmead map - Modded Airbox - DNA Air Filter - 08 R1 Forks and 6 Pot brakes with R6 MC - Penske 8983 Rear Shock - 49T Rear Sprocket - LighTech rear sets

I'd love to hear your view on them too. Keep us posted.
    Mods:

Lazy Libran (OP)

Quote Originally Posted by ballmead View Post
    Good stuff, please post a review once you've scrubbed them in.
    Are you going with a 50 or 55 rear?
    Will post reviews for sure...

I'm going for 55 rear.

Im a huge fan of anything Pirelli. Worth the extra money to me.
    CCS# 711