Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Admin (OP)
    Blog Entries

I will not willingly surrender the domains to our forums by any means .yes they will have to take them

Companies take their copyrights way too far. Can you picture a world where no one can have a private forum for enthusiast to discuss what they are passionate about? Can you imagine no Jeep forums. No Mustang forums. No Glock forums. No BMW forums. No forums about whatever it is you love. Can you imagine a world where any discussion about a product is moderated by the creator of that product?

Their copyright of the series of characters "FZ1" is intended to protect the use of it to prevent others from making similar products that may be confused with their own. There is no product being sold here. There is absolutely no chance that someone is going to confuse this site with the official Yamaha site.

All that being said the disclaimers at the top and bottom and removing the Yamaha logo are a good move to at least show that good faith on your end.

I guarantee if they make you change anything else I will never purchase another Yamaha product as long as I live.
    Stop trying to be right and just ride!
    '13 Triumph Speed Triple R
    '13 Triumph Tiger 800xc
    '12 Suzuki DR-Z 400s

Lightbulb FZ1 Forum Logo Specs

Hello Admin, as some other said, there is an army with you.

Please provide the specifications of the changes your forum requires, and we'll provide.

I suggest using the picture of a nice GEN2 FZ1N or FZ1S, and using a simple WordArt overlay, like in the attached picture.

Any other requirements, like picture dimensions?
    Stainless

Maybe "FZ1 Owners Forum" as a new name over a picture of a member's bike will be enough??

I'm betting it's some young new member of their legal team trying to make a name for him/her self in the company, not realizing what a positive impact forums like these make to their bottom line sales.

I hope this has a positive ending.
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Move the domains and servers off-shore along with "ownership".

I know American companies don't respect international borders when it comes to matters of copyright but I don't think they would pursue a venture that isn't affecting profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Yamaha is complaining that our domain name because it has FZ1 in is its a copy write infringement and we may lose it.

They want to take ownership of it and license it back to us under a contract agreement.. I believe in free speech on the Internet and am worried a contract may limit our free speech..

Our site is and will stay independent from the manufacturer. By our I mean the members as these sites would not exist without you. You are the site.. And the day that it can't be independent is the day that we will turn off the servers. I am removing any Yamaha logos from the site to be safe.

If we lose the domain I will reset up the site under something like enthusiasts.ca

We would lose all our search engine ranking but with the new Google algorithm content is king an I think would come back quickly.
    In bold above , what a lot of crap and the verbal diarrhoea even though typed is extremely pronounced , guess who got banned ages ago for arguing with clowns like yourself and that hellgate wanker .
    You deserve Yamaha's attention imo , I have been watching you jokers on and off since the last time and not only are you biased but it seems like the Americanizm that what has also now turned into Rabidizm and you totally deserve what you get .
    That hellgate wanker has had a FZ1 for how long now? , piss off , nutcases ..

Good on you Yamaha!

Do you need a tissue?
    Mivv Speed Edge end can with Arrow headers - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV with Ballmead map - Modded Airbox - DNA Air Filter - 08 R1 Forks and 6 Pot brakes with R6 MC - Penske 8983 Rear Shock - 49T Rear Sprocket - LighTech rear sets

Quote Originally Posted by 1Time View Post
    In bold above , what a lot of crap and the verbal diarrhoea even though typed is extremely pronounced , guess who got banned ages ago for arguing with clowns like yourself and that hellgate wanker .
    You deserve Yamaha's attention imo , I have been watching you jokers on and off since the last time and not only are you biased but it seems like the Americanizm that what has also now turned into Rabidizm and you totally deserve what you get .
    That hellgate wanker has had a FZ1 for how long now? , piss off , nutcases ..

Good on you Yamaha!
    Guess who just got banned again for general asshattery from Melbourne? The people here are fine, mature and friendly people. If you got banned you, sir, are not "fine people." and I have no doubt it was for good reason.
    Last edited by Hail; 03-03-2014 at 03:19 AM.
    Stop trying to be right and just ride!
    '13 Triumph Speed Triple R
    '13 Triumph Tiger 800xc
    '12 Suzuki DR-Z 400s

I would have never bought an fz if it were not for this forum. Yammi should be paying the admin. For keeping this forum going!!

That 1time dude has serious issues! Anyways, as far as a site logo goes, would it be possible to still use the tuning forks but turn them around so they point inwards? I have seen many logo take-offs that have minor changes and aren't technically the same as the original. Just a thought, would like to help more but my artistic talents are virtually non existent!