FZ1 weird buzzing from chain/front sprocket/gearbox

Weaky

Hello everyone. I'm new here, sorry if I missed any posting rules.

So, the problem is: recently I've noticed a weird buzzing sound coming from the front sprocket area. The first time was when I was riding. Mostly at 2-3-4th gears, when the engine's load is sort of synced with the constant speed. So I got to my garage, put the bike on the central stand, put it on a gear and let go of the clutch. Spun the wheel a little bit and the sound came on at about 15-30 mph from the chain/front sprocket area. Then I turned up the revs, the sound went away but I heard the second, kind of similar sound, coming from somewhat closer to the gearbox. Sounded more like a chainsaw.

The last thing I did with the bike is I cleaned the chain with recently bought KettenMax. The chain came out cleaner than before but I doubt it might be the issue.

Video included. 0:20 - the first sound. 1:26 - the second one.

[video=youtube;32Mwpk5KhW0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Mwpk5KhW0&t=1s[/video]

Last edited:
I have similar issues. The chain is clean and lubricated. However, the dealer has changed the chain but not the sprockets. Can this be the cause? Gears changes are fine.

Back