C spanner for headstock bearings.

Delta

Does anyone know the size that fits the fz1 ?
I found this info on eBay will it fit?
C-SPANNER
YAMAHA STEERING STEM
ADJUSTMENT TOOL 43mm
SQUARE ½" DRIVE
REPLACES TOOL NUMBER 90890-01403

Will it fit the gen2 fz1 guys?

Thanks in advance

Delta.

REPLACES TOOL NUMBER 90890-01403

This is a must have tool to accurately adjust your head bearings to the torque settings specified by Yamaha.
It is made from high quality stainless steel so will last a lifetime and enables you to tighten the head bearings accurately and so take that guessing game out of whether they are right or not. It is for a ½" drive torque wrench and is used as shown below.

Says

It will fit the XJR 1200 & 1300, the FZR 600 and 1000 and any other 40mm to 43mm diameter stem nut.
But will it fit the fz1 gen2

Guys does anyone know the C spanner size for the head race bearing locking castle nuts below the top yokes?
Has no one bought the right tool?
I just need to know the right size
Help....
Cheers

Delta

That’s fantastic buddy thank you for the reply. So you think the castle nut is a better option than the C spanner yes?
Cheers buddy.

Delta

That’s fantastic buddy thank you for the reply. So you think the castle nut is a better option than the C spanner yes?
Cheers buddy.

Delta
You're welcome :)
I think the castle nut will be easier to use. Easier to access and torque.

Here's another photo
5a3b89109d53c89fcb28dd6d9639d82b.jpg

Sendt fra min EVA-L09 med Tapatalk

I’ve ordered the castle nut socket now. I’m going to take the top yoke off to check the head stock bearings. I’m getting a knocking noise when going over bumps. I’ve had the front wheel off the ground and tested for movement but it seemed to be ok. Can’t figure out where the noise is coming from so I’ll look at the bearings closer.
Anyone else had a knocking sound and found it hard to pinpoint?
Cheers
Delta

I used to get a kocking noise in my front end but only when going slow, I tighten the front suspension slightly and now never notice it, I believe my head bearings are still fine even with over 68,000 Klms on the bike but I do`nt do wheelstands, dirt roads, etc and ride fairly smoothly

Ok I’ve found the knock, it’s from the forks. I had an upgrade by K tech last year and they are working great as they should but there’s a knock. Maybe a spring has become unseated? I’ll be sending them back soon for a service and check. K tech say they will check them and put them right if its down to the new internals. Meanwhile I’m changing the head race bearings for taper roller bearings.
Cheers
Delta

Back