Looking for luggage for yamaha fz1 fazer

Hello, a few weeks back i bought a pair of givi e41 keyless, checking with a retailer before, it was all going to fit together with this one rack they had in stock.
Sadly when the bags arrived the rack suddenly wouldnt fit, so im stuck with a pair of bags useless for my yamaha fz1 fazer '07..

Oh well, i'll sell those again eventually but i got some extra unforseen pay this month figured i might aswell buy me a pair of bags that do fit.
From what i've read i think the most reasonable ones are Givi's v35s sidecases?

So i did find this kit that hopefully would fit, would appriciate if you help me so that i dont buy the wrong ones again :D
Motorcycle Side Case Set Yamaha FZ1 Fazer 06 15 Givi V35N PLX359KIT | eBay

Now, as ive read up a bit i got some questions.. As im not going to drive with a topbox, i'd need some additional part with that? and i currently got a fender eleminator on, does this two fit together?
i think there's also a sw-motech rack to chose from? What does this differ from the Givi one?

Thank you!! :D

I went with a SW-Motech set up on my '08. The side racks are quick disconnect, but I leave them on all the time. The top rack stays on permanently too. For side bags I bought Kappa 33's. Kappa is a lower line of the Givi 35's. They are good bags and I'm happy with mine. They are less expensive than the Givi units.

I have a 2012 FZ1 and use the GIVI PLX kit with V35 cases. There is an adapter kit sold by GIVI that takes the place of the top rack. I forgot the part number but it's easy to look up with a search. So far they have been on for four year and 25K miles.

The SW-Motech rack requires an adapter for any side case but then you can use other cases than the V35. Also the Motech is more expensive.

Depending on where your turn signals are located you may or may not have a fitting issue with either rack (they both share the same space).

I got the SW-MOTECH Blaze Saddlebag System with a SW-MOTECH EVO Rearbag Tail Bag.
Quick to install, sollid and no large permanent rack on the bike, just a small adapter.

Love it!

Back