LED signals and tail light that look stock

Hey everyone.

Yes I know, another led lights thread. Sorry :)

But basically I'm after front and rear led signals and led tail/brake light for my 2010 fz1n that looks stock or as close to stock as possible.

I've searched high and low and all the ones I find have clear lenses and you can see all the led bulbs through the lense. I prefer the stock look, with the orange lense and red for the tail. Or is there a way to modify the stock lights and put leds inside them? Or has anyone come across some that look stock or close to it.

Thanks everyone

Also on a side note, I went down to check out the mt-10 at my local dealer the other day and I must say I was disappointed. It just had too much plastic!! It made me love my fz1n even more! Just my opinion, I dont wanna start a fz1 vs mt10 war haha

You may be able to replace the existing incandescent bulbs with the LED equivalent.

Remove the bulbs and read the type printed on it (the Yamaha manual doesn't give the bulbs name designation just voltage) and look up an LED replacement for it.

I use the clear lens Motodynamic integrated tail light and Light Tech signals/running light in front.

I'm not sure about the tail lights off hand but I believe the FZ1 uses 1156/1157 bulbs for the signals. 56 is single filament (rear) and 57 is dual which doubles as running lights (front). It's probably 1157 for the tail, too.

These are easy peasy to get in LED form these days.

I'm not sure about the tail lights off hand but I believe the FZ1 uses 1156/1157 bulbs for the signals. 56 is single filament (rear) and 57 is dual which doubles as running lights (front). It's probably 1157 for the tail, too.

These are easy peasy to get in LED form these days.

Thanks dustin, I didnt know you could get a led bulb with the bayonet style fitting. A quick google search of those numbers and heaps came up. Will I need a flasher relay with these bulbs? Thanks heaps I'm going to order some now

I guess you'll need a flasher relay or a resistor to slow them down. Maybe the higher end ones have them built in but I have no idea.

Back