Top Sellerie!

Well... I did it!

After reading half a dozen threads regarding the Top Sellerie seat and ended up finding a very simple one in the bargain bin for €158. Only including shipping to me, I'm out $230. Not bad! Can't wait until this thing shows up at my door!

EDIT: Did I mess up? I see that I ordered a seat for the FZ1 N ... not my FZ1 S. I'm not finding a lot of concrete info... but it seems like the two are NOT interchangeable. I guess I'm writing an email to cancel...

Last edited:
You should enjoy that, it seems to be a popular route to addressing the uncomfortable stock seat.

I've had Corbin seats on my last two bikes and they work great for me.

Coming from France I wasn't sure what the customer service experience would be like - I ordered the "N" seat by mistake so I sent them an email inquiring about the fitment and if I could change my order. Luckily, not only did they respond within a couple hours, they had a bargain bin seat with identical options for the "S" bike. They'll be shipping it out tomorrow, no problem. Very happy with them so far!

I've had nothing but positive experiences with Top Sellerie. I love the seat, way more comfortable than the stock one. I did get the long version though, to leave a little bit more room for the boys lol.:canada flag:

I've had their seats on the last four bikes and love them. Zero issues with any seat from them and they have been great with customer service. With the Euro at an all time low, now is definitely the time to buy from them! Congrats! Your arse will thank you!

Well... I did it!

After reading half a dozen threads regarding the Top Sellerie seat and ended up finding a very simple one in the bargain bin for €158. Only including shipping to me, I'm out $230. Not bad! Can't wait until this thing shows up at my door!

EDIT: Did I mess up? I see that I ordered a seat for the FZ1 N ... not my FZ1 S. I'm not finding a lot of concrete info... but it seems like the two are NOT interchangeable. I guess I'm writing an email to cancel...
Drivers seat does fit on either model. I did try a Yamaha Comfort Seat off an N on my S no problems. The Passenger seat is different. Hope you ordered the long model. Standard is too cramped for most people.

I took the bargain bin route, they were kind enough to switch the N for the S model and it's a standard length. I fit fine on it and it does cradle my butt pretty nicely - I'm probably a bit skinnier than average build. I can see how just a bit of extra room could be nice but I actually kinda like how solid I feel on the seat now. I don't shift around on hard acceleration or hard braking.

My one concern is how hard the seat feels. I'm hoping it breaks in a bit and softens up. I spent an hour on the highway and it still got pretty uncomfortable after a bit, but when I spent 2 hours at low speed on some nice twisty back roads I was fine - so maybe it's just not a highway type seat

It'll probably soften up a bit but you may just need to adjust to the seat as well. I personally prefer a firm seat and that's why I use Corbins.

Sadly... I am not in love with the Top Sellerie seat... I like it, the looks are amazing... but its a bit hard and doesn't have that sweet dish shape... I haven't sent my original seat back yet, so I'll give it another week or so but I fear that it may not be what I was looking for. I guess I may try the Sargent if it doesn't work out. I did shave down my FZ6 seat on my own so that's a potential option too.

Sadly... I am not in love with the Top Sellerie seat... I like it, the looks are amazing... but its a bit hard and doesn't have that sweet dish shape... I haven't sent my original seat back yet, so I'll give it another week or so but I fear that it may not be what I was looking for. I guess I may try the Sargent if it doesn't work out. I did shave down my FZ6 seat on my own so that's a potential option too.

If you don't like hard seats I don't suggest a Sargent. I was all excited to upgrade my stock seat and after reading about this subject in the forums, the majority was recommending the Sargent. When it was mailed to me I opened the box in excitement to find a really great looking seat. But, after installing it and sitting on it I was so disappointed. Although the contour of the seat feels amazing on my butt it just feels rock hard as if there is no padding at all. I was told you have to break it in so I took a few really long rides. After riding with a numb butt and logging over 2000km on it, sadly nothing has changed. To be honest, I can ride longer with the stock seat before my butt goes numb. I was gonna look to the Top Sellerie next. But appears that is a dead end as well. I might see if someone local can stuff some more padding into my Sargent before I completely give up and go to a cruiser lol

My friends with cruisers have the same issues with seats except they get sore tailbones in addition to numb butts. The key it seems is to have a firm supportive seat that has a good shape to allow the sit bones to support your weight and allow side to side movement for aggressive riding. Also too much padding will cause other parts to start going numb like thighs and crotch.

I can ride for hours on my Gen2 seat and the only discomfort I get would be from the seams of my pants. (I wear textile riding pants for long periods on the seat.)

Well if you don't want a rock hard seat I don't suggest the Sargent seat. My butt was going numb after 30 min of riding with the stock seat and after reading about aftermarket seats on here the majority was suggesting Sargent. So I place my order for both a front and back seat for my girlfriend. When I opened the box the seats looked like great quality. I installed both seats and sat down on it. The contour of the seat was great and my butt felt great in it, but was pretty hard. Only one way to test it and that was a 6hr round trip to a motorcycle rally I attended. My butt started going numb after 15 minutes and I found myself constantly shifting around to get comfortable. Was a 6 hour nightmare for me. I read it takes some time to break them in (between 400 and 2000 miles although Sargents website says they are comfortable right away lol). I have since painfully logged 1200km on it and no change, Considering I paid $700 total Canadian, I was sadly disappointed. I understand Corbin is like this as well. I met a guy who had the same exact bike as me on a ride with my brother and I asked what seat he was using and he told me a Yamaha comfort seat so I asked if he minded if I sat on it. It was a bit softer than mine (not as plush as stock) but the gel in it was extremely hot to the touch. My only other option was a top Sellerie as they looked really nice and seemed to look plush. But now i seem to be getting mixed reviews about them. I don't want to waste more cash on something that is not gonna feel soft. I know some guys prefer firmer seats, but I am a skinnier guy and I need a more plush seat like the stock seat but with the contour and shape of the Sargent. I heard of an air hawk seat pad which could be an option or maybe getting my stock seat redone at a motorcycle seat shop. I dunno anymore. I am about ready to sell my bike as I can't seem to find any comfort in this bike.........any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Very surprised you find it Hard? Mine is plush very comfy but not so good for aggressive riding as you sit so much in it that moving around is difficult. I tried a Yamaha "Dis"comfort seat and my but went numb after about 20 min. Dirt Roads have a good rep. I have ridden on a corbin and was surprised that although much firmer than the Top Sellerie, it was still comfy.

I found the Yamaha comfort seat OK. For commuting and long rides I use the comfort seat. For blasts through the twisties I use the stock seat,.

I found the stock seat very comfortable on long 5 hour plus rides. It's way softer than my San Marco racing saddle on my bicycle which I ride 100 milers on and the only suspension is the air in the tires.

I found the stock seat very comfortable on long 5 hour plus rides. It's way softer than my San Marco racing saddle on my bicycle which I ride 100 milers on and the only suspension is the air in the tires.

You should try a Selle SMP saddle for your road bicycle, it's very comfortable once you get used to it.

Back on topic: I was lucky and ordered a Dirt Road seat for my FZ1 early on, Eddie has now stopped making them but I hear he has an apprentice that he's teaching.

Back