Lowering FZ1

I need to lower my '07 FZ1 about an inch or inch 1/2. Any recommendations on lowering options as well as not getting a new kickstand? Not trying to break my bank. -stock suspension

I need to lower my '07 FZ1 about an inch or inch 1/2. Any recommendations on lowering options as well as not getting a new kickstand? Not trying to break my bank. -stock suspension

I lowered mine 4 inches and still use the same kickstand, and mostly the center stand but it takes a major push to get it on the center stand. I added nuts to the typical lowering link

How much did the drop effect the ride/handling of the bike? I've been wanting to lower mine and inch or 2 just to be able to flat foot, but didn't want to screw with the handling too much.

The lower you go, the more useless the rear shock is. My wife's FZ1 has the same link that lytehouse had. Without modifying the kickstand or replacing with something adjustable, anything more than 1.5" makes the bike a bit tipsy on the OEM stand. My wife's was lowered 2.5" front and rear and it was a harsh ride that didn't fell well in deep corners. Might be OK for someone who just tours and commutes but in the curves, it was difficult to handle. I'm selling her bike with the adjustable stuff on it but I do have a spare adjustable FZ1 kickstand. She is now on a BMW F800R with the OEM low seat and don't need any suspension adjustments. Fits her well!

How much did the drop effect the ride/handling of the bike? I've been wanting to lower mine and inch or 2 just to be able to flat foot, but didn't want to screw with the handling too much.

Well FZ1in TX pretty much answered the question....but his wife and I aren't exactly the "drag a knee" type of riders either! So it's not like I noticed it that much
If I ever got a knee down, I'm sure the rest of me would go with it! :eyebrow:

Well FZ1in TX pretty much answered the question....but his wife and I aren't exactly the "drag a knee" type of riders either! So it's not like I noticed it that much
If I ever got a knee down, I'm sure the rest of me would go with it! :eyebrow:

LOL!!! I'm working on that... I want to get her on the track. Considering trading her FZ1 for a 250 or 300 for track only.

Back