Here is a little secret I have been working on. If anyone wants to get their bike handling properly just get hold of a 2015-2016 standard R1 shock. The shock at standard length is 315mm, simply adjust the factory ride height adjuster on the bottom of the shock to 320mm, which is the stock length for the FZ1 shock. The lower bush is the same size as the stock one and the two bushes on the top spherical bearing measures 32mm as opposed to the stock 30mm. It is simply a matter of removing 1mm from each bush to get the right clearance. The shock will now bolt straight in except the regulator rectifier tray needs to be cut flush with the fold on the right hand side and just past where the regulator fits on the left side. The bracket needs to now be bent up 40mm to allow the reservoir on the shock to clear the tray. Once thats done it is simply a matter of adding a brace either side and 30 seconds welding and your finished. After this cat gets out of the bag I think these late model shocks are going to be hard to find. Hope this information helps.

Here is a little secret I have been working on. If anyone wants to get their bike handling properly just get hold of a 2015-2016 standard R1 shock. The shock at standard length is 315mm, simply adjust the factory ride height adjuster on the bottom of the shock to 320mm, which is the stock length for the FZ1 shock. The lower bush is the same size as the stock one and the two bushes on the top spherical bearing measures 32mm as opposed to the stock 30mm. It is simply a matter of removing 1mm from each bush to get the right clearance. The shock will now bolt straight in except the regulator rectifier tray needs to be cut flush with the fold on the right hand side and just past where the regulator fits on the left side. The bracket needs to now be bent up 40mm to allow the reservoir on the shock to clear the tray. Once thats done it is simply a matter of adding a brace either side and 30 seconds welding and your finished. After this cat gets out of the bag I think these late model shocks are going to be hard to find. Hope this information helps.

IMG_20160503_134454.jpgIMG_20160503_134603.jpgIMG_20160503_134630.jpgIMG_20160503_134647.jpg

Back