Adventure (ish) touring through wales

IMG_3291.jpg
IMG_3306.jpg
IMG_3339.jpg
IMG_3341.jpg

So, as I am new to the FZ1 world, and it's only my first year on big bikes we decided to take two days off work and have a little trip. We headed to Devils Bridge in Wales (via Shropshire) for our overnight stay. We then headed to Elan Valley, it was an amazing ride and some incredible roads. We even managed to do some light adventure riding which is not so much what the FZ1 is about but I couldn't resist. My friends bike was an MT-09 Tracer.

We covered just shy of 500 miles and gave me a good idea of what I needed to change and improve, the main things being brakes (no real feedback until they lock up) and the seat for longer distances. But neither of them stopped me from having a big smile on my face for the two full days, and would recommend Elan valley if you like picturesque windy roads.

Attachments

• IMG_3358.jpg
    IMG_3358.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3347.jpg
    IMG_3347.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Cool pictures.....very brave of you to take your street bike on that road.....I'm not sure I'd do that on my GS!

And Welcome aboard.....looking forward to seeing more pics from you.

Welcome to the forum! Awesome pictures and I, too am looking forward to more. You should definitely enter our photo contest this month

Cool pictures.....very brave of you to take your street bike on that road.....I'm not sure I'd do that on my GS!

And Welcome aboard.....looking forward to seeing more pics from you.

Thank you guys. There was a few "oh dear" moments on that lack of road, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity, you don't often get a chance of doing that in London. Lol.

Welcome to the forum! Awesome pictures and I, too am looking forward to more. You should definitely enter our photo contest this month

How do I enter the photo contest? Could always give it a go. Lol.

Thank you guys. There was a few "oh dear" moments on that lack of road, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity, you don't often get a chance of doing that in London. Lol.

How do I enter the photo contest? Could always give it a go. Lol.

You will see a post on May BOTM (Member Bike Of The Month) "Uploads Enabled". Just follow the link and upload one when you do. For past months go to the Gallery to see who has won before.

Thanks oldschool, it doesn't appear to be live right now but I will keep my eye open.

Lytehouse looks after that and it will be up soon.

You are a brave man with the FZ, and well done for not being afraid to get off the beaten path to get some great pictures! Wales is beautiful, it was my favorite area around England when I made it over there a decade ago.

Last edited:
Back