issue with fz1 clutch

One of a few things could be causing the issue , some wet clutches don't like fully synthetic oil , but I'm sure many use it with no problem ,, adjustment ? Have you free play at the lever ?
Worn springs as you say or clutch just worn out ,, how any miles you got on her ? ,,, I'm on 44k with no probs

The FZ1 has two adjustment points for the clutch, right? One at the lever and one at the clutch housing? That may be step 1 to troubleshooting the issue.

Similar issue on my 08, adjust the lever so there is about a nickle thick space in slack of the lever. some driving with fresh oil and proper adjustment should correct the clutch, the glaze will resolve on its own. If you find the clutch needs to be replaced though, buy an OEM clutch kit with EBC springs, they're 10% heavier. I did that on mine and hopefully will never have a clutch problem again.

still slipping slightly......

Nowhere near as bad as before, but ive noticed it again. Will pull the cover off and inspect the clutch sometime i guess.

Same problem here. Mine happened instantaneously after pressing too much the bike. So I think that my friction plates and maybe steel plates are toasted. I don't think that springs can worn out that much.

Back