Trickle Charger

Butthead

What do you guys use for a trickle chargers

I have a ctek of which chargers my other bike plus other batts etc.

I have a spare ring connector set up of which I went to fit, but found the following issues with it

20160121_210219 (Large).jpg

note that where the ring connector, joins the wire there's that block which is about 5mm high at the highest, and what I have found is that the neg is ok as I can attach and run it back towards the rear but the pos has that red plastic cover that doesnt allow for it to go backwards and to route it forward and then back doesnt work either as there some plastic tray thing that fits over the battery and the starp over that and the ctek connector block interferes with the fit

Given that I have just bought it, I want to avoid hacking stuff to get this to fit so what trickles are availble with longish connector wires with a slim ring to wire join.

saw a battery fighter unit but cant determine the length if the wires nor if there are any protrusions

Cheers

I typically just trim the rubber cover to fit the wires under it. You could also simply just cut that connector off and add your own, slimmer eyelet connector.

I have the Ctek charger and didn't have any issues fiting the charging lead. You can order it with different sized eyelets on the charging leads, Do you have the right ones?

I got a ctek charger and had the same issue. I just trimmed the black plastic tray that covers battery so it didn't interfere with the ctek connector. Works fine.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
All done, I picked up a ctek xs0.8 and perservered and attached the connections without modding either the red plastic over the pos or the tray.

The neg as per what Bluey has done and the positive I routed it forward, then tucked the wire as per the neg with the plug near the toolkit.

On charge now, all good and thanks for the input.

Bit cooler in the shed today rather than the hotbox it was yesterday and I took a bit more time

I switched to lithium batteries a while ago, and ended up selling all but one charger, which I keep just in case I need it for the car.

I use the Battery Tender Junior on all my bikes. Reasonably priced and last forever. My oldest is 13 years old still working great! You plug it in and forget about it.

Last edited:
Back