Looking at buying a "new" 2014 FZ1

Howdy,

I am looking at buying an FZ1 - I have owned a bunch of different motorcycles in my time including an FZR6. Currently I have an older Honda V45 cruiser and I am lusting after an FZ1. So looking around the area I have found a few recent FZ1s in the $5 to $6K range - maybe 2009 or thereabouts.

I ran into a brand new 2104 with zero miles on it from a dealer for $7500. I think I am gonna jump at the new/old bike.

But i thought that I would ask the opinion of the forum - is the 2014 a good year? Is there anything that i should be aware of in the design or reputation of the bike? Any issues regarding buying a 2 year old 'new' bike? Or any other advice on my choice of an FZ1.

Looking forward to joining the forum as an FZ1 owner soon!

Thanks in advance,

Joe

I would say go for it!

The early models of the Gen2 (2006, 2007) had some odd computer mappings from the factory, but all the was fixed well before 2014.

After 2 years I would recommend you have the dealer flush all the fluids for you before purchase, or if they wont do it, flush them all yourself before you start riding it.

I would buy one of these used bikes that have all the goodies on it .
You can get a fully modded ass ripping $11,000 bike for $5,500 !! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would buy one of these used bikes that have all the goodies on it .
You can get a fully modded ass ripping $11,000 bike for $5,500 !! Good luck

I tend to agree, even though a brand new FZ1 for $7500 is a hell of a deal.
I believe a group member is selling one fully modded for a fire sale price that has me wish I had the money available.

It would be a touch choice if I were in the position to choose between the two.

Didier

sent from my Moto-X on Tapatalk

Joe here is a perfect example
bf14c0697ace9fc12c45ed9eb3bfa0f8.jpg

Howdy,

I am looking at buying an FZ1 - I have owned a bunch of different motorcycles in my time including an FZR6. Currently I have an older Honda V45 cruiser and I am lusting after an FZ1. So looking around the area I have found a few recent FZ1s in the $5 to $6K range - maybe 2009 or thereabouts.

I ran into a brand new 2104 with zero miles on it from a dealer for $7500. I think I am gonna jump at the new/old bike.

But i thought that I would ask the opinion of the forum - is the 2014 a good year? Is there anything that i should be aware of in the design or reputation of the bike? Any issues regarding buying a 2 year old 'new' bike? Or any other advice on my choice of an FZ1.

Looking forward to joining the forum as an FZ1 owner soon!

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Going over that old thread, just curious what you ended up doing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did the same kind of thing - mine is a '09 I bought in June 2011 for $6900 out the door. I added a MogoTrack (like LoJack, but better) and wound up at $7650 actually out the door.

The battery, in spite of being on a tender whenever it was parked, did not last a full year. Other than that, its been stone reliable.

I did the same thing last year I got a leftover 2014 model 0 miles still in the crate for $7190. I told the wife they are practically giving these bikes away for that price.

Back