R1 shock with lowering link

a7x3797

So I've been made aware that the r1 adapter with shock will only work with the stock dog bone. I have just mounted the shock with satans adapter and it was a bit tall for me. So what I did was modify my existing 1" lowering link from cycleoneoff to make it fit and then use that as a template to cut a new one. I wanted to see if anyone is interested in these... If so, I will make a batch, otherwise I will only cut one. Let me know. PM if interested. I hope to cut the batch next week. I will probably make a couple extra just in case. FYI... These links are being made by the former "cycleoneoff" guy so I just want to give him a rough number.

Well I am certainly interested. I'm quite happy with my bike lowered 1 inch. I haven't switched the shocks yet though, and am a bit in the dark as to what it entails.
To be clear, this link you are fabricating will leave the bike - 1"?
Is this a triangular link?
Pics?

The R1 shock will raise the rear end about 1/2 inches from stock according to what I read. So what I did was modify the link in such a way to allow it to clear the lower shock bolt as well as the center stand. The link will be a bit longer than the stock one which will yield a 1 inch seat height drop from the new height after the R1 shock. So overall, comparing from entirely stock bike, to the new setup with R1 shock and link, it will be just shy of an inch overall drop. I have been running a 1 inch drop for a long time, but with the geometry of the triangle and dog bone, it was impossible to have the longer lowering link with the new shock, thats why it had to be modified.

lowering link.jpg

This is a stock setup here... as you can see by the arrows, if we put the R1 shock in which will sit a bit lower and then lengthen the link, the shock will hit as the triangle will rotate. So I made a link that was a litter thicker that I could cut out a recess for where the shock was hitting. Also I had to cut a recess for where the center stand was hitting the link.

oh okay so this is a new dog bone then rather than new triangular links. So what about the bearings? What kind of price were you thinking?

I'm not quite sure about that yet, I have to meet with the guy next week and we will draw them up and start cutting. Then we will have a handle on what we think the price point will be. And he used to sell lowering links... Not sure if they came with bearings or not. I remember when we made mine I just pressed the old bearings back into the new link

Back