Touring bags

What are you using on your 2013 fz1 for saddlebags. My ogio soft bags i used on my 2011 fz8 don't fit well due to the passenger handles on my fz1
b

I was using the Cortech side bags until I replaced them with GIVI hard cases (V35). They worked fine and stayed in place. The rain cover kept everything dry in a downpour and a few hundred miles under it. I just needed something to put my helmet in and be lockable. I sold the Cortech bags. BTW Cortech's tailbag connects to the side bags so you can remove all three at once and carry it all into the hotel.

I was using the Cortech side bags until I replaced them with GIVI hard cases (V35). They worked fine and stayed in place. The rain cover kept everything dry in a downpour and a few hundred miles under it. I just needed something to put my helmet in and be lockable. I sold the Cortech bags. BTW Cortech's tailbag connects to the side bags so you can remove all three at once and carry it all into the hotel.

Yes I've seen the Cortech bags, similar to my Ogios. Did the bags fit OK even with the passenger handles?
B

Not sure if it's particularly helpful but I have found that some soft bags have straps that can detach from each other and that would allow you to run the straps beneath the passenger handles for easy mounting. I used to run Fieldsheer Contour bags and they did this; it made it easy to mount on all sorts of bikes, even old sportbikes with tiny little tail sections.

If you're looking for something cheap (like I did), I bought a set of firstgear soft bags, and then bent and drilled aluminum 1/4" aluminum stock to fit the bike sort of like the SW Motech system to support the bags. Did a 1600-mile trip that way with no issues. Those bags expand too, they were a very good value for the price. The aluminum stock is cheap, and my fabrication process included a pair of vice grips and my friend's brush guard. They weren't that pretty, but I wasn't concerned about that, and they are hidden under the bags anyways. PM me with questions if you'd like.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Anyone use the C-Bow setup from Hepco Becker on Gen II? Was considering the Yamaha bags (same as SW mototech blaze), but was concerned of fairing being damaged due to bag contact across the seat. C-bow has no across seat connection.

Back