OEM Rear Shock for Gen II

PrivateAxis

I need to replace my 06 OEM rear shock with a newer one. If you have one that you replaced with something more exotic, please let me know how many miles are on it, what year bike it came from, and how much you want for it. Thanks!

Dont waiste your money on a stock shock .look into the R1 shock and Satans adapter , pretty cheap .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked all this info up, but it seems the only way to get that "Satan's Adaptor" is through the guy on the other forum. Problem is I was banned from that site the first minute I was on because of some ridiculous technicality that has apparently happened to others. Anyone have a link to this guy (other than thru that other forum), so I can order one of these adapters? Thanks.

So...He's pretty good at getting back to you so you should hear from him soon.
Yes, he is and he did! And he gave me info on what year R1 shock to get for my heavier girth (210 lbs). I've ordered the V4 adaptor and now need to find an 07 or 08 R1 shock. I'll join an R1 forum and see what I can find.

I don't have to tell you how helpful these bike-specific forums are, but I sure wish they existed way back when. All very much appreciated. Thanks, brother.

Yes, he is and he did! And he gave me info on what year R1 shock to get for my heavier girth (210 lbs). I've ordered the V4 adaptor and now need to find an 07 or 08 R1 shock. I'll join an R1 forum and see what I can find.

I don't have to tell you how helpful these bike-specific forums are, but I sure wish they existed way back when. All very much appreciated. Thanks, brother.

Check on Ebay for an R1 shock... I found mine on there from an 08 R1 that had only 2000 miles on it, condition was like brand new and paid only 70$ for it. Best mod ever for the money, literally transformed the bike

Check on Ebay for an R1 shock... I found mine on there from an 08 R1 that had only 2000 miles on it, condition was like brand new and paid only 70$ for it. Best mod ever for the money, literally transformed the bike
As I do with everything, I spent a few minutes looking for a shock, found one on eBay that looked clean and unpitted, and bought it. The smarter thing to have done was to wait, take my time, and hopefully find one with as few miles as possible. But a seven-year-old shock with 2000 miles on it? My half-empty glass told me I probably wouldn't find something as optimal as this, so I hurried and bought the cleanest looking shock I could find. And it's ironic that I was thinking that way because I bought the 2006 FZ1 it's going on three years ago, and the bike had just over a thousand miles on it. A five-year-old bike with a 1000 miles on the odometer.

Now the question is this: anyone have any suggestions on what I should set the thing at once I install it? I'm weigh about 210 - 220 lbs. Thinking of that, wouldn't it be great if someone created a website that had listings of bikes, their different shock applications, and user-settings with comments? The www. poor, lazy and ignorant man's guide to motorcycle suspension set-ups (dot) com.

Just got the emails that the shock adaptor and the shock are on their way. Yea, me!

Last edited:
Im the same weight as you . I liked all the settings pretty much in the middle of the settings for street riding .
Then you can adjust one thing at a time .
Where are the pics man?

Im the same weight as you . I liked all the settings pretty much in the middle of the settings for street riding .
Then you can adjust one thing at a time.
Okay, I'll start with that.
Where are the pics man?
Just got home from the tuner who eked out another 4.5 HPs. He said the original map (that he dyno'd) a few years ago was way off for the new Graves full-system (replaced damaged Graves slip-on) and the air box mod. But will take some pics of the old girl tomorrow and post 'em up. After that, I'll do the N conversion when I'll also install my SoundBomb horn. As a daily rider in LA, the horn upgrade is always my favorite mod.

RIGHT ON !! GOOD WORK JOHN. Honestly im a little sad [emoji22]
I love the sound of that exhaust!! GOOD LUCK I hope your happy !!

A Deeper Voice

I hope your happy !!/QUOTE]

Thanks, Lonney and, yeah, I am happy. And it's interesting comparing the exhaust note of the Graves full system with the Graves slip-on. The full get-up is similar, but a little throatier, deeper in tone. Now here's hoping I don't screw up the headlight conversion project I'm starting tomorrow.

I hope your happy !!/QUOTE]

Thanks, Lonney and, yeah, I am happy. And it's interesting comparing the exhaust note of the Graves full system with the Graves slip-on. The full get-up is similar, but a little throatier, deeper in tone. Now here's hoping I don't screw up the headlight conversion project I'm starting tomorrow.

How much of a hurry are for the conversion? I made up a custom harness to plug the S wiring into the N but I'm over in Oz. Second thoughts, Our indicators are wired differently.

Back