FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
Sorry I've not been on much everyone. Real life got in the way and I've been swamped with work and household projects. Hellgate already knows but I'll share it here... some of you knew I was looking to get out of New England and find a better climate to ride a lot more often. Well, Pete might have a new riding buddy before the end of the year!

Michele and I have had it with the winters here, parking the bikes for 6 months and the work associated with snow. We have starting tossing and cleaning out the house (a huge and daunting task!) to prepare it for sale. We have plans in place to move as lightly as possible. We have never owned expensive stuff and the cost of moving most of it is more than buying something new when we get there. The majority of our belongings were furniture that we knew the kids would destroy (and they did) so it is an easy decision to toss most and pack little. The bulk of moving with be the tools, motorcycles, her sewing room and fabrics and the electronics and beds. The rest is yard sale, free or trash!

We will be renting for a short term in TX and begin a search for the right home. We will be relying on Hellgate's wife to assist us with that as she is a real estate agent. Jobs are plentiful in both my field as well as Michele's and she is actually transferring. I am taking my job with me on a trial basis and the boss says he would give me enough time to find work if this does not pan out.

So, TX will be the new home!

Last, work has been ridiculous and I've been working day and night as well as a lot of travel. That new holdover 2013 I bought last summer? I still do not have 2000 miles on it yet!

So, this is why I have been missing.... BTW, anyone want a very friendly hand-tamed parrot? He'll be around for about 50 more years!

DSC01070.jpg

Congratulations

Sounds like an exciting time and I totally agree with the seen enough snow for a life time idea! Take the parrot with you, it will enjoy the climate as much as you will. They are smarter than most of us give them credit for and would be more traumatized by switching families than switching climates / states.

Great news Eric, being able to ride in Winter is awesome.

Snow is great but only if you are on a skiing holiday :)

Good luck with the move and finding a new house.

Wow Eric! Good for you guys! I'm very happy for you both. Darn! Yoshi not making the trip with you? You've had him since the beginning. I bet he'd love TX. Keep us up to date pal, and congrats to you and Michele!

Congratulations! I know y'all have been thinking about it for some time now. And you'll have to put a Colorado ride on the list once you get to TX. So when are you moving?
And I have to agree with everyone else about Yoshi. He's better off with you than trying to adjust to a new family. I did that with one of my cockatiels, and he died of what I think was a broken heart not long after I gave him up, you can imagine how I felt :(

Thanks all!

We are moving to the Austin area and have centered our attention on Cedar Park based on Pete and his wife's recommendations after providing them with our criteria.

While Yoshi would like the heat and heart of Texas, we cannot take him because of health issues. Michele is having respiratory issues (partly due to the winters and cold) and they suspect the bird is part of the problem, plus finding a rental that will accept two cats AND a parrot is difficult. He is the most social parrot known and adapts to any person who he is introduced to. Most birds attach to one person, not this one. He's happy with anyone willing to play with him and just LOVES our granddaughter. I'm told it is only the male Eclectus that is like this. He'll be fine wherever he goes, but I do like Pete's idea! :D

We're planning on mid-Sept. and Michele, our daughter Briana and our granddaughter Bridgette will be going down first. I will stay and button up the house and begin an aggressive sale with many open houses. Once it sells, I will hook up the trailer with the bikes and head down to be with the family. I'm guessing I'll be there by the end of Oct to middle of Nov if I'm priced right. I think what helps is us being able to keep our jobs (mine for at least a while) and be able to settle in and find the right home. I've seen so many on Zillow already that I'd have put in an offer on... beautiful places and great prices. More will become available though!

I will be trekking all over the place once there, and mostly on the bike! Colorado is a definite as is New Mexico, the gulf coast, and over to the Florida panhandle to see my little sister.

The Panhandle and West Texas are brutal to drive through. The winds HOWL there too. A car is no fun, I can't imagine being on a bike for hours on end. We're talking like 8 to 10 hours. Ugh.

Thanks all!

We are moving to the Austin area and have centered our attention on Cedar Park based on Pete and his wife's recommendations after providing them with our criteria.

While Yoshi would like the heat and heart of Texas, we cannot take him because of health issues. Michele is having respiratory issues (partly due to the winters and cold) and they suspect the bird is part of the problem, plus finding a rental that will accept two cats AND a parrot is difficult. He is the most social parrot known and adapts to any person who he is introduced to. Most birds attach to one person, not this one. He's happy with anyone willing to play with him and just LOVES our granddaughter. I'm told it is only the male Eclectus that is like this. He'll be fine wherever he goes, but I do like Pete's idea! :D

We're planning on mid-Sept. and Michele, our daughter Briana and our granddaughter Bridgette will be going down first. I will stay and button up the house and begin an aggressive sale with many open houses. Once it sells, I will hook up the trailer with the bikes and head down to be with the family. I'm guessing I'll be there by the end of Oct to middle of Nov if I'm priced right. I think what helps is us being able to keep our jobs (mine for at least a while) and be able to settle in and find the right home. I've seen so many on Zillow already that I'd have put in an offer on... beautiful places and great prices. More will become available though!

I will be trekking all over the place once there, and mostly on the bike! Colorado is a definite as is New Mexico, the gulf coast, and over to the Florida panhandle to see my little sister.

I just had a quick look at some of the houses on Zillow.com in Cedar Park and now I want to move there too lol.

The houses are so much cheaper than over here in Sydney, it's not funny.

Real estate prices here in Sydney are out of control atm.

I just had a quick look at some of the houses on Zillow.com in Cedar Park and now I want to move there too lol.

The houses are so much cheaper than over here in Sydney, it's not funny.

Real estate prices here in Sydney are out of control atm.
Cedar Park is a relatively new and up and coming town. They really have their act together and a long term vision. Our shop is going in on the south side of CP, northwest side of Austin.

Home prices in Austin proper are stupid right now. Austin is of the hottest real estate markets in the US.

Eric, if you and Michelle want to come out for a bit just let us know. We have an open guest room.

If she gets time off after this contract is up, I would like to come out and look around. The offer is very gracious of you two having never met us! Thank you Pete!

Back