Headlight wiring, need help

Okay guys, I am trying to wire up an aftermarket headlight temporarily while I wait on my new naked setup to come in. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make it work. The new headlight is a two wire unit (power and ground). I've tried every combination of plugging the wires into the factory headlight socket and can't get anything. I plugged it into the black and yellow wires at the socket on the radiator and it worked fine as high beam, however without that socket plugged in the speedo/tach don't work. Does anyone have any idea on where I could tie in to make it work?

Is there something with the factory bulbs if both bulbs aren't connected neither will work?

Or does anyone know what the three different wires at the headlight socket are? Theres a black with yellow bands, black with yellow stripe, and a black with green stripe I know on one of the sockets (can't remember what colors other one was).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm about to just run power straight from the battery and use a little toggle switch as I'm about over this lol.

Thanks,
Spencer

Back