Stebel horn upgrade on 11" FZ1- horn location issue

silentcropduster

Title says it all, looked at the "how-to" on fz1oa.com realized its for the 1st gen FZ1. I took my half fairings off, cant seem to find a way to make it fit and clear the forks.

Thoughts!?!?!?!?!!?

I also looked into it and I think the only way to make it fit is to separate the two pieces and extend the horn. Put one half under one inner fairing then the other half under the other side. Run the extension along the harness all the way around under the headlights.

For those that have not seen a Stebel, it's quite large.
stebel_horn.jpg

Other than that, you need to mount it external. Some have fabricated a bracket that mounts to the engine block tab where Satan's pegs would mount.

I had mine all tucked in to the right side inside the fairing and then read that it had to be mounted upright. I then embraced the thing in all its' ugliness and mounted it on the left side of the motor off my engine guard. Function over fashion at its' purest. Also, I'm sure it's louder there than tucked in the fairing. 004.jpg

Last edited:
I had mine all tucked in to the right side inside the fairing and then read that it had to be mounted upright. I then embraced the thing in all its' ugliness and mounted it on the left side of the motor off my engine guard. Function over fashion at its' purest. Also, I'm sure it's louder there than tucked in the fairing. View attachment 21918
Sorry I'm late I'm the game to reply. I was able 2 seperate the horn and the compressor but I'm still unsure of fitment, mounting inside of either half fairing looks like it will be too close 2 the forks :-x

Back