Want to buy gen 2 rear shock

Good evening (well it's 1 am so whateves)
I own an fz8 I'm looking to help out the god forbidden pillow like suspension. My uncle has an 08 fz1 but is being stengy about his shock.
The fz1 is a great mod for the 8 and I'm curious if any of you fellahs(or ladies) have a shock you'd be willing to part with and sell to me!? Thanks guys!!

Good evening (well it's 1 am so whateves)
I own an fz8 I'm looking to help out the god forbidden pillow like suspension. My uncle has an 08 fz1 but is being stengy about his shock.
The fz1 is a great mod for the 8 and I'm curious if any of you fellahs(or ladies) have a shock you'd be willing to part with and sell to me!? Thanks guys!!

Should have specified... I'm looking to get the whole rear suspension absorber! Thanks!
Ps I am an active member of 779cc and fz8central who lead me in my search of a shock on this site:)

Why not just buy an R1 rear shock? Im replacing my FZ1 shock this winter for a 2007 R1 shock due to the poor performance of the stock shock. If youre going to be replacing a shock, Might as well put a good one on. You can find them all over ebay for $40-80 I ended up with a 2007 with ~7k miles for $50 after shipping. I just have to make an adapter to span the 10mm difference in the shock lengths.

Why not just buy an R1 rear shock? Im replacing my FZ1 shock this winter for a 2007 R1 shock due to the poor performance of the stock shock. If youre going to be replacing a shock, Might as well put a good one on. You can find them all over ebay for $40-80 I ended up with a 2007 with ~7k miles for $50 after shipping. I just have to make an adapter to span the 10mm difference in the shock lengths.

i dont really care to move, or cut anything up, i enjoy knowing i didnt have to chop up the tray or relocate.
I have seen many people and heard wonderful reviews about the r1 shock. will i do it in the future? probably... but i only use my fz8 to fart around, bandit to commute and zrx for everything else. The fz8 would be nice for a "temporary" shock change.

why didnt you buy a satan666 adapter?

i dont really care to move, or cut anything up, i enjoy knowing i didnt have to chop up the tray or relocate.
I have seen many people and heard wonderful reviews about the r1 shock. will i do it in the future? probably... but i only use my fz8 to fart around, bandit to commute and zrx for everything else. The fz8 would be nice for a "temporary" shock change.

I didnt want to spend $85 when I can make one on a friends CNC machine for $10 in aluminum

Your wasting heartbeats. Not one single FZ8 rider that has come here looking for an FZ1 shock has headed your sage advice. It may be a very similar bike, but the owners are way different than most folks on this forum.

Your wasting heartbeats. Not one single FZ8 rider that has come here looking for an FZ1 shock has headed your sage advice. It may be a very similar bike, but the owners are way different than most folks on this forum.

I don't think he is wasting anything mate. It's great hearing feedback. The r1 shock is such a better upgrade. Many 8 riders do it. But if I was tracking the fz8 then no doubt in my mid id persue the r1 shock legacy. My fz8 is fun to have with my woman, and occasional mountain riding. It's just a little more stiffness is all I want. Cheers!

Yup, you can make some good coin on that POS shock. R1 shocks are a dime a dozen. Oh well...

Hey..any idea where i can get those adapter?

Back