2016 Calendar is ready! Order now!!!

Supra_dan

Hey everyone. I was wondering...do we do a calendar? I personally would love to have one (and wouldn't mind paying of course!).

Other forums i've been on over the years, car, bikes etc. Seem to rally up pictures of members vehicles from over the year (like a vehicle of the month, but in our case, Bike Of The Month) and it seems to turn out well.

Like someone who is involved with a printing company or if they produce calendars themselves could make one, and people could pay via paypal.

Short of it: Someone should make a calendar for 2015 year of all the bikes in the B.O.T.M. (or any good pictures actually) and sell it on here. Again, I wouldn't mind paying, I think it would be pretty cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone. I was wondering...do we do a calendar? I personally would love to have one (and wouldn't mind paying of course!).

Other forums i've been on over the years, car, bikes etc. Seem to rally up pictures of members vehicles from over the year (like a vehicle of the month, but in our case, Bike Of The Month) and it seems to turn out well.

Like someone who is involved with a printing company or if they produce calendars themselves could make one, and people could pay via paypal.

Short of it: Someone should make a calendar for 2015 year of all the bikes in the B.O.T.M. (or any good pictures actually) and sell it on here. Again, I wouldn't mind paying, I think it would be pretty cool!

I nominate you to do this! Do I hear a second yay?

For a couple years on the FZ6 forum, we used to make a calendar using the 12 BOTM photos on CafePress, up the cost $3 and send that to Dennis for the forum per sale. ;)

I think I spoke to someone about this last year. I agree, we could use the 12 MBOM Winners for the year and get a great calendar out of it. I for one would have no problem ordering a couple if it should happen. I think I looked into it at one point but couldn't find a cost effective place that could do it. If one of the other sister forums are doing this, maybe we can use the same company. That would be awesome!

There's a member (LFZ6/Lisa) on our FZ6 site that has been doing a calendar for 2 years now....I wonder if we could work something out to do the FZ6, FZ1 and the FZ6R sites and get a better price than the $20.95 they are currently asking for just the 1 calendar?
The members on the FZ6R site seem interested in one also......
I could PM her to ask?????

lytehouse. (among the other suggestions) I like that idea most because it could potentially help a fellow enthusiast (? don't know if she gets proceeds from the calendar sales) but if she does, I'd like to do that.

On the flip side, the website FZ1inNH provided seems to be nice as well

Let me know what you got lytehouse, and then I suppose we shall proceed! :-D

I'm fine with that. If the price wasn't to monumental, I wouldn't mind paying for one. Great way to 'donate' to the forum as well as owning a part of the forum in a physical manner for us people who'd buy one :)

I'm totally in for this as well. Heck! if you go to most stores and want a nice full color calendar they want at least $19.99 +tax so a few more dollars in order to help out Dennis as well seems like a good deal. I'm assuming that someone can get a hold of the Hi Res shots from each month that has past?

I think that this a great idea. Would any key dates (FZ1 gathering in Colorado, Ride to Work Day, etc.) be included on the Calendar? What about allowing members to add an event (birthday or anniversary)? I guess I'm thinking that a $25 donation to the site could get the purchaser's "events" added and have a calendar shipped out to him or her? Not sure if that would be worth the potential hassle.

With so little time left to create one, I don't know if we can get everyone's input for events, however, I have 11 or the 12 photos in Hi-Res. The November winner, "Z Grand" doesn't have a hi-res shot on this site. The winning shot is not high enough to add to the calendar. I will PM him asking for the original photo and see what I can put together.

We can do this straight-up cost from CafePress or add a couple bucks to the cost to help Dennis with the site. Maybe this coming year, we can put together a new thread for the calendar and have people add events to it for the 2016 calendar?

Ok. Check out The Yamaha FZ Shop : The Yamaha FZ Shop for the initial creation. you can view the calendar pages by looking at the product. I chose the Dec 2013 BOTM winning shot as the calendar cover.

This is marked up $2 per calendar which will go toward the forum as a donation. The cost is $16.99 with the donation plus shipping which I have no control over at all. There is NO PROFIT in this for me. The base cost for me is $14.99 per unit.

The Nov shot is not hi-res but if Z Grand gets me that original, I'll go edit and add the full page shot.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Oh My Goodness Eric! Excellent Job! And so fast too! It looks fantastic.
I, for one, can't Thank You enough for doing this for our members :blowing_kisses:

Thanks Brenda!

For those of you who want one but are not getting it soon, you CAN choose the month to start your calendar such as Feb or March. The Jan 2015 photo thus becomes the Jan 2016 photo and so on....

Do the other sites also want this? I know the FZ6R site does not have a full year of BOTM....

Last edited:
Do the other sites also want this? I know the FZ6R site does not have a full year of BOTM....

Lisa (LFZ6) put together one for the FZ6 site....it wasn't BOTM winners, but it is still good!
And can I mention on the FZ6R site that you'd be willing to put it together for them next Dec/Jan?

Sure! I know these are more expensive than ordinary calendars but it is very custom and personal, especially for the winners!

I still have my calendars from when I had winning shots with the 2005 FZ6 and the 2008 FZ6. Great garage art!

Back