Hi everyone,

I've just joined FZ1 forum and looking forward to picking everyone's brains when it comes to modifying my new bike (FZ1N 2008) which I pick up this Saturday, this will be my second FZ1N the 1st being a 06 model.
The bike is completely stock but for a scorpion slip on.
I've tried attaching a photo of the new bike so hopefully it shows up.
My planned 1st mods will be
Lars air box mod
Block offs
remove secondary flies
15 tooth front sprocket
PCV
Speedo healer
Cat removal from headers

Whish me luck and give me recommendations

Peter

Attachments

• New FZ1N.jpg
    New FZ1N.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 98
Thanks for the welcome,
you all obviously know what to do to these bike to get the best out of them, some of the custom work is amazing,
I think I will start small though and initially do the gearing, one down on the front and maybe two up on the back, depending on how it feels.
My main concern though is the throttle snatch especially when I remove the flies, my 06 model was terrible which is why I eventually sold it.
I'm torn between the Ivan's FCE or a ECU flash.
Ivan's seems to be the place to go but I have some reservations about sending my ECU to the states especially when he doesn't even have an email address.
It would be great if someone in Melbourne did it and at a reasonable price, I was hoping someone here maybe able to guide me.

Cheers

Welcome aboard Warpiggs, nice bike mate. Which state are you from?

Before you start messing with the flies, do a search for Ivan's ECU flash.

A better rear shock is a must if you like to ride the bike hard.

The 15T front sprocket should be interesting to say the least.

Enjoy your ride.

I'm From Melbourne Victoria,
I think Ivan's ECU flash eliminates the need to remove or modify the flies. From what I've read here and on Ivan's Web page.
Any idea how much he charges, maybe should just phone him.
And yes you're right, I should fix the suspension 1st.
I have an 09 CBR1000RR with all the suspension done, I bought the FZ to commute to work, over kill I know but they are such a great bike and now I want to extract the R1 within.
DSC_4436.jpg

Welcome! Nice ride!

I also have Ivan's flash and am amazed at everything he has done with it. The snatch removal is only a small portion of his fixes that this flash does. You'll have a whole new bike when it is over. Cost aside, it's the best mod I've done for my bike. I'm with ballmead though, suspension is key if you're looking for immediate improvements.

Ride safe!

Back