Recommend a Clutch Kit

What type of clutch

• Total voters

a7x3797

Ive burnt my clutch over this summer and its time for replace..

There are millions of opinions out there on what to get, but i'd like to hear a few more.

What should I get OEM, Kevlar, Carbon? they all seem to have their ups and downs but I hope some of you can speak from experience. I want a strong clutch that will grab hard on launches and wheelies without slip. but I also want it to last a decent while.

Please be specific if you've used any of these.

I put 10% heaver springs(ebc) on the stock clutch, i think at around 1,000 miles and it went 11,000 miles and 90 some drag passes. Thats what I replaced it with and it was around 3,000 miles and over 100 passes and holding strong when I sold it. So I like oem with heavy springs.

I put 10% heaver springs(ebc) on the stock clutch, i think at around 1,000 miles and it went 11,000 miles and 90 some drag passes. Thats what I replaced it with and it was around 3,000 miles and over 100 passes and holding strong when I sold it. So I like oem with heavy springs.

You know what, that sounds like a great idea. I wasnt sure that was a 'possibility' but with a good review like that, I may just go that route

i was going to vote on the pole but i'm pretty new to this bike. i've had 2 suzuki tl1000r's and the trick was stock plates with barnett springs. They were heavier than stock springs and did away with the plates slipping. i thought i was due for a new clutch but all i did was changes to the barnett springs and never had another problem. not sure if its going to be the same with this bike. i've got 35k miles and no slipping yet. (i use rotella synthetic)

Back