rear wheel bearing sizes/part numbers query

silentg

having just looked on the parts catalogue UK for the part numbers/sizes of the rear wheel bearings (sprocket carrier side and right side) the part numbers for both on the list are the same. im sure when i got the bearings before the sprocket carrier side was a different size altogether. there is loads of info for the gen1 bearings but i cant find a thing on gen 2. basically if i can get the correct numbers i can pick up just the bearing i need locally rather than a full kit (which i DONT need, long story) via online shopping

no matter what model i put in they are the same diagrams.

here's the diagram on Yamaha UK

its the same on
2008 FZ1 - FZS10X Yamaha Motorcycle REAR WHEEL Diagram and Parts
Bad Request

too. am i missing something?

KNyMo94.png

No sure, but also part 4 [93317-33590] is also a bearing [needle] it fits in the left side of wheel rim, I also notice the oil seals for the bearings your looking at are the same

Sounds a bit overkill to me. I've got almost 11000 on mine. I'm gonna repack them this winter because I'm like that but they are still well useable. Now steering bearings on the other hand those NEED checked out and repacked on mine, I can feel the steering getting looser.

Riding conditions shouldn't matter as they are sealed bearings.

Last edited:
Glad I found this thread. I was just sitting down checking out part numbers because I'll be taking the rims out to powdercoat very soon and I need to get a new set of bearings. I was also wondering about part #4 in the rear wheel diagram. I am assuming that this will need to be changed as well. The front wheel looks pretty cut and dry. Maybe someone that has done their bearings in the past can chime in about the rear. Thanks!

RearBearings_zpsee42b608.jpg

FrontBearing_zps96521f41.jpg

How many miles / klms do you have on the bike? the needle roller bearing should have a lot of mileage in it, as long as the other bearing are keep in good condition. You can only regrease the needle roller bearing, which I do every time I change tyres etc, the other two are sealed

Last edited:
How many miles / klms do you have on the bike? the needle roller bearing should have a lot of mileage in it, as long as the other bearing are keep in good condition. You can only regrease the needle roller bearing, which I do every time I change tyres etc, the other two are sealed

I need to remove all the bearings as per the powdercoater's instructions before I drop off the rims. So unfortunately, even though I have only 6,800 miles on them they will be sacrificed.

No reason why you can not reuse them, at least the needle bearing, I like to heat the rim a little before remove/installing them, I do this before removing any bearing in alloy., just don`t over do it.

No reason why you can not reuse them, at least the needle bearing, I like to heat the rim a little before remove/installing them, I do this before removing any bearing in alloy., just don`t over do it.

Really? Reuse them? I didn't know you were able to salvage them since they are press fit in place. Well, I better at least have a set just in case I ruin a race or something knocking out the old ones. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

If you heat the rim a little using a electric heat gun they should come out easily , only hit on the outer rim of the bearings. you will need to replace the seals, I don`t like knocking out any bearings in a alloy case even if I am only replacing them, with out some heat as it can cause damage to the alloy case/rim. Maybe best to get someone who has done this before, as its your first time

If you heat the rim a little using a electric heat gun they should come out easily , only hit on the outer rim of the bearings. you will need to replace the seals, I don`t like knocking out any bearings in a alloy case even if I am only replacing them, with out some heat as it can cause damage to the alloy case/rim. Maybe best to get someone who has done this before, as its your first time

Thanks for the advice but I'm pretty handy working on my bikes/cars. I have taken out bearings from other bikes and cars and also have a heat gun so I don't think it should be an issue. Maybe "knocking" was a little too harsh. I should have said "tapping" instead. LOL! I was just curious about the needle bearing on the rear wheel and whether it should be replaced along with the outer bearings. I don't recall ever replacing a needle bearing on other bikes I've done in the past. It's been a while since I've had to do them on any of my previous bikes. I've never seem to keep them that long. Thanks again!

Back