Fz1 Abuse

he has a knack of crashing out smooth.....
10703790_10202216222201176_4307478515111806853_n.jpg

Almost every bike is gonna' go over once it gets past a certain point .... but he got it up in quick order. It's happened to all of us at one time or another.

It's happened to me once in the yard and once at a stop sign. No explanation for either time. The only other time was when I was in a hurry to grab a picture before traffic came along the road and I forgot to put the kickstand down. Only time I've ever done that! Oops!

First timer here as well! Unfortunately it was Brian's FZ8 I was riding. I felt terrible after that. Stopped at a stop sign on an upward incline, making a right hand turn. Brian took off on my bike, I went to follow, feet up on the pegs, and bike stalls while leaned over and to the right. Down we went! I stayed with the bike as far as I could before being caught between the bike and pavement. I wound up scratching the frame slider and bending the rear brake lever. We were able to bend the lever back in place, and I bought a new set of Yoshi sliders which were installed on my last day out in PA. I felt a little better after that but not much. 36 years riding and never laid a bike down like that. Just a freak accident which made it worse being on someone else's bike. I guess it's probably inevitable that at some point in time it will happen no matter how proficient we think we are. Oh and Scott made it look a lot easier to get the bike up than I did, that's for sure!

Back