Clutch Cable Loose After Clutch Change

Bike FZ1N 2009

I need help and advice.
I changed my clutch plates as it seemed like a easy job.
After installing the plates and the cover, i found my clutch cable was too loose.
Initially i though it was a cable adjustment issue, but it seems like there is not enough strength on the pull rod spring to pull the clutch lever out.
I have not yet filled the oil, and am wondering if it would help, i cant see how, but i have been scratching my head, trying to figure out where i went wrong.
I think i followed the service manual instructions meticulously.
Any head would be helpful.
Thanks in advance

Few notes:
the last clutch plate is not in line with others, thats how i found it when i opened the cover and that's how i put it back.
the small clutch rod (the bit sticking out, in the middle off the clutch) is loose, and the teeth facing forwards.

I believe all the steel and clutch plates should be in line

Hi Lonney
On the you tube tutorial for a Gen1 the all plates were in line, but when i took of the cover for the first time on the Gen 2 the outermost plate was not in line?
I had always thought my clutch was a bit stiff, but over time i had got used to it.
I will take pics tomorrow.

Thank lonney & sebastian f7, for your advise.
I found out that upon fitting the cover, the pull rod was being pushed back.
i took the lever of the top of the vertical rod/shaft to allow me to turn the shaft anticlockwise, this pulling the pull rod out.
One problem solved :)

Back