Retro kit in Oz?

Hi guys,

I doubt anyone will be able to help me, but I'll ask anyway. I have an FZ1N which I'd like to put some parts of the retro kit onto, however, importing a whole kit from the States for just the tank, airbox, front fender and seat cowl is rediculously expensive (half the price of the kit). The kit is not available in Australia as Yamaha Australia did not import the kit when it was available (seems to be similar to a lot of stuff that I have had to import from Europe because Yamaha don't import it here).

Is there anyone out there with a kit they are not going to use? I'm really after just the front fender, tank and airbox, but will buy a whole kit if I have to at the right price.

Cheers guys
Jason

Hi guys,

I doubt anyone will be able to help me, but I'll ask anyway. I have an FZ1N which I'd like to put some parts of the retro kit onto, however, importing a whole kit from the States for just the tank, airbox, front fender and seat cowl is rediculously expensive (half the price of the kit). The kit is not available in Australia as Yamaha Australia did not import the kit when it was available (seems to be similar to a lot of stuff that I have had to import from Europe because Yamaha don't import it here).

Is there anyone out there with a kit they are not going to use? I'm really after just the front fender, tank and airbox, but will buy a whole kit if I have to at the right price.

Cheers guys
Jason
You should be able to get a whole kit for under 1k Aussie delivered, I'd bet a tank would be nearly twice that here. PM "Trevor in Aus " He got a killer deal on shipping I think.

Last edited:
I found a place that does the graphics for all the Yamaha bikes in Adelaide, I'm going to get a quote from them to do up a Bartha style design on my bike. I think that will be the cheepest and easiest option.

I got the bike back last night. $385 for the decals and aplication. A lot cheaper than buying the retro kit & I think it looks better too. Now I'm looking at getting a set of Ohlins for the front & rear and still deciding between Marchesini & PVM rims. The PVM are cheaper by a long way so I'm leaning in that direction. Brembo brakes may be on the cards too. Those upgrades will be at a later date when funds allow.

pics are from my phone, so not the best quality

Back