Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZX6R Mirror Mod

Default ZX6R Mirror Mod

Since the install of the Magical screen I could not help but think how the stock mirrors looked like bug antenna. I have a set of JDA mirror block off plates and had sold myself on the thought of converting to bar end mirrors. I'm really not a big fan of them but what else could I do. As I installed the first of the block off plates I looked over at my ZX6R and thought wow the mirrors on that bike really do look great for stock mirrors and then the brain began turning. I think you know were I'm headed with this. So tell me what you think. Good enough or should I start hunting down a set of reverse retro bar ends. If you do like them they sell for around 25.00 for the set on ebay and bolt right up.

Stock

Last edited by johnnyontherocks; 01-14-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    CCS# 711

Do they offer better visibility than the stock FZ1 mirrors? They don't look bad, but I don't like the area they leave uncovered on the fairing. I wonder if you can use the block off plate as a filler and drill a hole through them to mount the ZXR6 ones.

I dont think you are going to beat the stock mirrors for visibility but these are still pretty good. Even the block off plates made for the FZ dont fill up that hole. The only way to fill it is to get the Copperdawg screen with the mirror delete. There is no way of drilling through them and mounting the mirror on them and not have it look sloppy. You really dont notice it much unless you look right at it.
    CCS# 711

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyontherocks View Post
    I dont think you are going to beat the stock mirrors for visibility but these are still pretty good. Even the block off plates made for the FZ dont fill up that hole. The only way to fill it is to get the Copperdawg screen with the mirror delete. There is no way of drilling through them and mounting the mirror on them and not have it look sloppy. You really dont notice it much unless you look right at it.
    Yea, I guess the gap is probably not that noticeable on a dark bike such a s yours. For me the stock mirrors aren't that great as far as visibility goes so I wouldn't want to make it any worse.

A while back I had seen an FZ1 with CBR1000RR mirrors that had the integrated turn signals in them. It looked good, but I don't know what was involved in making them fit...

I think they look a bit better than stock but probably not good for stoutly guys like me. I have a bad enough time with the stockers although that will all change come Springtime. There's a "new me" coming soon! I'd leave them like that. I'm curious about the effect from the wind using those??
    Billy
    2009 FZ1 Cobalt Blue, Dynojet PCV, Ivan's ECU Flash, Two Brother's V.A.L.E. Carbon Fiber Slip-on, Dirt Road Custom Seat, M-Factory Shorty Levers, Frame Sliders, Swingarm Spools, BBS Gold Colored Wheels, GYTR Braided Lines, Philips Extreme Vision H4 Bulbs

I think the bar end mirrors would look great on your bike! The oem style mirrors always give the bike a bug look in my opinion.

Both looks and airflow are improved and very little vibration. Down side, I have to tuck my elbows in to get a good look but have a clear and large view when I do. I dont think bar ends would be as good.
    CCS# 711

Here you go bud! This will look nice :yes:

I can't post the pics for everyone to enjoy - I'm at work

2 X MOTORCYCLE MUDFLAP GIRL TURN SIGNAL MIRRORS BMW DUCATI TRIUMPH KTM | eBay
    2004 FZ1 Skunk
    2002 R1 Track Bike

2000 DZR Trail Bike

I like the concept! What year ZX6R, or does it matter? I might give it a try....

07,08. You will have to tuck your elbows in for a clear view. I did more for looks than anything. They have great adjustment and minimal vibration.
    CCS# 711