Most useful tools

What are YOUR most useful tools?

I posted this a little earlier in another thread and I got to thinking that we could use a "Useful tools" thread.

What are some of the tools that have made life easier/ better/ more efficient?

This is one of my favorite tools!!!! It has saved me HOURS because I always drop my nuts into tight spots!!!!!!!! Be sure to get the kind that has a light at the end. That is a tremendous asset.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/General-Tools-70396-24-Inch-Mechanical/dp/B00275F5I8/ref=pd_sim_dbs_ac_4]Amazon.com: General Tools 70396 24-Inch Long Lighted Mechanical Pickup with Push on LED Light: Home Improvement[/ame]

31Nsfk7dw4L_SL500_AA300_.jpg

This also rules!!! More frustrating hours saved!!!! It is lighted AND it has a magnetic head to pick up dropped metal items.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Bes-BES-FLEXIBLE-MAG-LIGHT/dp/B000FDBNGM]Amazon.com: BES FLEXIBLE MAG LIGHT: Home Improvement[/ame]

4103P8JHNJL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

These amazon prices are too high. You can find them cheaper at auto parts stores.

Last edited:
Security Bits that allow you to open almost anything for $5

I found this set of bits online for $5. These bits will allow you to open just about anything. Including all of those hard to open and weird looking bolt/screw heads. My basic philosophy is that if I purchase it - I should have the right to take it apart.
Don't be fooled by the 100 piece sets. They have a lot of filler in them (a lot of Philips Head and standard head screwdriver bits - LOL - Yes I bought both). This kit is better because the 100 pieces slip out of their place. This 33 piece kit keeps everything in place. PLUS - THE 100 PIECE ACTUALLY HAD 82 PIECES. Hmmmm :Liar:
Five dollars is a great price for any tool and I thought that this was worth mentioning.

IMAG0394.jpg

IMAG0393.jpg

Once again the above answers are all very good. Still my favorite tool is my wife's credit card. It can fix anything that I can't figure out, or have made worse by trying in the first place.

Once again the above answers are all very good. Still my favorite tool is my wife's credit card. It can fix anything that I can't figure out, or have made worse by trying in the first place.

You seem to have a very good idea of marriage OD. Most guys answer with "Without my wife finding out" or "If my wife lets me". LOL I think you have this whole thing figured out :tup: (jk)

My wife not only takes care of the tool she helps with the work. We are a great team.
One time She stopped by the store to pick up my 10" compound slider miter.
I guess it was her way of saying "I'm getting my floor and your going to do it"!
She is soo sweet.:laugh2:

My wife not only takes care of the tool she helps with the work. We are a great team.
One time She stopped by the store to pick up my 10" compound slider miter.
I guess it was her way of saying "I'm getting my floor and your going to do it"!
She is soo sweet.:laugh2:

LOL
My X fiancée used to do this. She would buy me presents that were for upcoming projects or if we bought a computer she would buy me computer speakers for Christmas. LOL

I have got to say my most useful tools have been extendable ratches in 1/4,3/8 and 1/2. They save me the hassle and time of finding a breaker bar. Plus most of the time I can't find my 1/4in bar and then you got to get the 3/8 and find the 1/4in adapter and just gets frustrating cause after all that hunting for those tools you realize your buddy barrowed them and didn't put them back. lol

I have got to say my most useful tools have been extendable ratches in 1/4,3/8 and 1/2. They save me the hassle and time of finding a breaker bar. Plus most of the time I can't find my 1/4in bar and then you got to get the 3/8 and find the 1/4in adapter and just gets frustrating cause after all that hunting for those tools you realize your buddy barrowed them and didn't put them back. lol

I always lose my tools. LOL In fact, I have even bought tools knowing that I one but couldn't find it. This week I'm finally converting part of the garage into a shop so hopefully I won't have that to deal with anymore. LOL Pegboard everywhere so I can see all my tools :D

You seem to have a very good idea of marriage OD. Most guys answer with "Without my wife finding out" or "If my wife lets me". LOL I think you have this whole thing figured out :tup: (jk)

19 years and counting. The use of the card has qualifiers though. Any purchase over a certain amount has to have approval of the gaurdian. And that amount seems to be a moving target. But if she didn't keep me guessing I'd get bored.

20120110_053824-1.jpg

I received this little Ryobi 4 Volt cordless screwdriver as a gift last year and I didn't think much of it when I first saw it. LOL I frankly didn't see much use for it and I immediately thought "I will return this as soon as I can" Unfortunately this girl who gave it to me said "Open it!!!" as she actually bounced with excitement. HAHAHA I was thinking "Damn! There goes my return".
This thing sat in a drawer for about a year until my 18v drill went down and I decided to actually give this little guy a try. I LOVE IT!!!!!! The trick is all in how your look at it. If you look at it like a drill - you will be disappointed. If you look at it like a screwdriver - it is a really handy little tool. It fits my hand perfectly and the lithium battery is amazing. It is more than worth the $30 price tag. In fact, not only would I recommend it to anyone but it has become one of my favorite tools. It's just so damn handy.

Back